Journalist Rocky the Squirrel here –
Keeping his paws on the nuts of the world –
April 24th is Pig in a Blanket Day. Okay – so maybe it’s not exactly the Pig in a Blanket Day you were thinking . I can’t report about sausage wrapped in a pancake. I mean, that would be weird and everything being on Bacon’s blog, right? – wink – So just have pancakes today to celebrate – chitter chatter
But, I can report to you the original Pig in a Blanket for this great holiday. That’s right – the original. As in Bacon wrapped up in a blanket – ha! That seems to be the oinker’s favorite position – pig wrapped up in a blanket. This is the special little piglet wrapped up in his favorite king sized Egyptian cotton sheet. Yep, nothing too good for that Bacon – Chitter Chatter.
So on this day, think of the little booger and enjoy. And yes, on top of that pig in a blanket is Sir Hemi passed out sleeping too. See, proof is in the picture that they all get along at the Hotel Thompson.
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, blanket, cat, comedy, cute, egyptian cotton, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, Hemi, Holiday, Hotel Thompson, humor, Journalist Rocky the Squirrel, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, pancakes, pet, pets, pig, pig in a blanket, Pig in a Blanket Day, play, playful, Rocky, Rocky the Squirrel, sleep, smart, spoiled, squirrel
My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA.
Items to price this month:
- Spring/Summer is quickly approaching my friends on this side of the world. On the other side of the world, Autumn/Winter is quickly approaching. That is if Mother Nature starts playing well with others 🙂 It was suggested to post what you pay during this time of year for the month for your heating and/or air conditioning. What temperature do you set your thermostat on? Discuss. Okay we keep it pretty cool here at the Hotel Thompson. Mom likes to hang meat sometimes so daddy has to keep her in check. Our monthly bill is a ‘flat rate’ bill. We pay the same thing every month for 12 months. Sometimes we use more watts than other months but it makes up the difference over the year. We pay right at $205.00 a month in electrical – heating/air conditioning. Our house is totally electric – no gas at all here… unless you count the gas that comes from this oinker – snorts and rolls with piggy laughter.
- Meat. Fajita beef. We buy a pound package for $4.99 at the market. It’s already cut in small slices. All you have to do is brown.
- Vegetable. Head of cabbage. When we are lucky, we can get this as cheap as $0.29 a pound. This week though we paid $0.49 a pound. An entire head cost us around $1.26 – awesome deal. Have you ever eaten the core of a cabbage? Mom highly recommends it. It has a bit of a spicy flavor and is awesome!
- Random Item. A can of peanuts. We buy the store brand for only $2.99 a can.
- Homemade Dish. See Below 🙂 This entire meal costs less than $5.00 for two people – and you have leftovers the next day for lunch!
A ‘go to’ dish here at the Hotel Thompson is our version of a Chinese dish. This is easy and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. It’s a huge hit! We take the fajita beef and brown it in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. While that is browning, we use two boxes of the Lo Mein noodles that you can buy in the store for $0.99 each. They come with the seasoning packs. You open the packs, fill them with water and microwave them according to the package. While the fajita beef is almost brown, add some chopped up cabbage and cook together. When the Lo Mein noodles are done, pour them into your mixture of fajita beef and cabbage, add the seasoning mix packets, stir together and cover. When the noodles have come together and the cabbage is soft but yet still has a crunch to it, top with peanuts and sesame seeds for taste. There you go – instant meal that will please and is so delicious. Remember to put a little back for lunch the next day. Warms up wonderful!
I hope you had fun my friends with this month’s edition of Shopping Around the World. Hope to see you shopping soon!
Tags: adventure, air conditioning, animal, appreciation, Autumn, bacon, bill, bills, cabbage, Chinese, costs, dinner, dishes, electrical, entertainment, fajita beef, Fall, flat rate bill, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, games, gas, groceries, growing up, happy, heat, heating, homemade, Hotel Thompson, humor, leftovers, Lo Mein, Love, lunch, meat, microwave, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, noodles, olive oil, peanuts, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, protein, random, recipes, sesame seeds, shopping, Shopping Around the World, skillet, smart, spoiled, Spring, summer, supper, thermostat, vegetable, winter