On October 9, 2011 I posted my very first blog with this picture of me next to a Pepsi can. It was just a couple of days that mommy had adopted and brought me home to the Hotel Thompson. Underneath this picture, I wrote:
Hello my fellow friends! I will rule that Pepsi can one day! Can’t wait to blog my adventures. Check back frequently for fun. Smooches.
And as they say, “It’s all they wrote”. I’ve been blogging every since, having fun, making great and wonderful friends and hopefully making everyone smile and laugh. It’s been a long journey through lots of ups and downs.
Others have joined my adventure from the Hotel Thompson so this blog has grown with friends.
I’ve added trivia to my blog.
I’ve added the Dear Bacon issues which are absolutely the highlight of my week. (I LOVE getting pictures and letters from everyone – thank you – you make these Dear Bacon issues so popular!).
Journalist Rocky the Squirrel keeps us aware of all of the not so known holidays of the year. He’s a great friend that hangs out in my magical back yard. He’s often found knocking on the back door of the Hotel Thompson asking for cut of nuts.
Hemi and Mouse Girl highjack my page every so often. I fuss but it’s all in great fun.
Bashful, Manny and Princess Coralena have been a great addition to the Hotel Thompson and my blog. That Bashful of mine has turned into a wonderful international rolling stone traveling every where and recording his trips here. Manny and Princess Coralena have come to live with us here and it’s so nice to hear them laughing down the halls.
And the biggest accomplishment I’ve had in two years… meeting so many wonderful and cherished friends from all over the world right here in blogville.
Without you, I would be talking to myself and well I do enough of that here at the Hotel Thompson – snorts. I don’t think I can ever express just how much *YOU* have touched this little piggies life. I guess you can say that you’ve helped my inner pig come out and play. That means the world to me my friends.
Thank you so much. Thank you for listening to my rambling, my piggy stories and adventures and stories of mom/dad. This pig has a lot more to write about!
Here’s a toast to another awesome year full of adventures!
Tags: adventure, animal, anniversary, appreciation, bacon, Bashful, blog anniversary, blogville, cat, cute, daddy, Dear Bacon, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, grateful, growing up, happy, Hemi, Hotel Thompson, humor, inner pig, international rolling stone, Journalist Rocky the Squirrel, kid, Love, Manny, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Mouse Girl, pepsi, pet, pets, priceless, Princess Coralena, ramblings, reading, Rocky, Rocky the Squirrel, rolling stone, sharing, smart, squirrel, thank you, travels, Wordpress, writing
I am very, very honored to have received the WordPress Family Award from my great friend Christina at www.peacelovenwhiskers.com
This little oinker gets so excited over receiving awards. My tail has been non-stop wagging since reading about it this morning. I told dad and he got so excited – I thought he was going to start shaking his tail too! We both called mommy at the worky place and gave her the great news. I could feel the vibration of her tail wagging all the way over the telephone line!
Thank you so much my friend for thinking of me – much love!
The rules are very simple –
- Display the award logo on your blog – HOOVE CHECK
- Link back to the person who nominated you – HOOVE CHECK – see above
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family – HOOVE CHECK – see below
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them – HOOVE CHECK
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
It’s so hard to pick just 10 friends – I would love to pick them all because they all mean so much to me! I give all of their blogs two hooves up – I’d give them four but I would fall over – snort. So, let me see if I can narrow it down just a bit here:
- http://promethios.wordpress.com/ This is my friend Leo’s blog. He has beautiful pictures on his blog and posts just about everything. He has a great sense of humor like me! He even has a friend in his life – a pig named Alice – that he talks to me and mommy about. His bond with Alice is like mine and mom’s. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://evilsquirrelsnest.com/ This blog is hilarious! My friend Bill draws editions of Evil Squirrel’s Nest and his buddies. Mom compares it to comic books that she used to buy as a child. I can get my fix here on line from my friend. There about well everything. He even created a pigladillo the other day – you know that got this oinkers attention – snort. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com/ This is wonderful! She makes you laugh. She makes you think. She ocassionally makes you cry with deep thoughts. I’ve grown close to reading this blog daily.
- http://screechandsquawk.wordpress.com/ My wonderful bird friends Basil, Manuel and Stephie. Lots of pictures – which is good thing for this visual piggy – with lots of cute bubble words. Snort – always makes me laugh – ALWAYS.
- http://cybergazing.wordpress.com Wendy is great in keeping me up to date about everything and anything going on in the world. If it wasn’t for her blog, I would be as hip as I am about things. Sometimes *I* tell mom and dad things before they even know about it because of Wendy. Yep, she is that kind of happening chick!
- http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ Easy Rider – snort – he is a dog after my own heart. If I was a dog, I would be him. We are four legged brothers with both of us having a wicked sense of humor. The other day he posted about coming through customs at his house. I was laughing so hard I woke up Bashful from his nap. It was hilarious!
- http://mykunekunes.wordpress.com/ Oh my friend Annette – she has Kunekune pigs! And, they are fixing to have babies!! You know I have a special place in my heart for my kind. She has a pig Truffles that I abolustely LOVE. I so can’t wait to see the babies and read more about her baby boom!!http://machomojave.wordpress.com/ This is about Katie and she is a horse. In fact, I think she was the first horse I met here. She has beautiful hair. In fact, she even gave some advice on how to have such beautiful hair – you gotta read all about it.
- http://scottiechronicles.com/ They’re on vacation right now but will be back next week. I love adventures as much as the next person and they keep me on my toes with theirs!
- http://jbranchohio.wordpress.com I think I met my future wife here – snort. Piper Ann – the prettiest little pink piggy I’ve ever put my eyes on… well since Miss Piggy.
So, don’t walk – run over to see these wonderful inspiring blogs. I’m glad I got to know them and have them as a part of my life. Tell them that Bacon sent you 🙂
Thanks again to www.peacelovenwhiskers.com for the nomination. You are a dear, dear friend!
Tags: adventure, Alice, animal, appreciation, Award, award logo, awards, bacon, Basil, Bill Brown, Easy Rider, entertainment, evil squirrel, freedom, Friends, growing up, happy, hooves, horse, Katie, Leo, Love, Manuel, margdrag, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, oinker, peace, pet, pets, Piper Ann, playful, priceless, promethios, Scottie Chronicles, smart, squirrel, Stephie, Wendy, whiskers, Wordpress, Wordpress Family Award