Oh my! This little oinker has been excited – I mean full of excitement. I’ve been watching the television series Sleepy Hollow faithfully every week. It’s an awesome show! My friend Lori Fontanes at http://whattheducks.com/ posted that she was going to Sleepy Hollow in New York a while back. Of course, my ears and tail perked up – I wanted to go! Of course, with everything going on at the Hotel Thompson, there was no way. So Lori sent me something.
First I have to add that I am so sorry in taking time in saying thank you publicly. I did send you an email but I wanted to have the time to do a proper thank you in my blog my friend. With my 31 Days of Spook, mom/dad’s vacation and finding a pig sitter, let’s just say things at the Hotel Thompson have been a little chaos. Snorts – a little. That’s like saying it’s a little dark outside. Okay I admit it. It’s been CRAZY around here!.
You just don’t know how excited this little oinker was when he received an UPS envelope at the door. In fact, the UPS guy – Charlie – knew it was for me. I was at the door and just kept shaking my little tail so fast. He even bent over petted my head and told me it was for me. How exciting!
I begged and begged and finally the envelope was opened – WOW! There were beautiful post cards with Sleepy Hollow, a map of Sleepy Hollow and a collectors pin with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow on it. I can actually look at the map now and recognize some of the streets – this is so exciting!.
Mom took everything and hung up in my bedroom on my wall. I just love it! In fact a couple of days after I received this package, I actually got a sent postcard from Lori at Sleepy Hollow. I let mommy take that one to her worky place to hang on her corkboard with my picture 🙂 See, I share.
Lori, I can’t thank you enough my friend. I have been so excited looking at my map and now when I watch Sleepy Hollow on television, it seems so real to this little oinker! Thanks!! – I’m sending you loads of hogs and snout kisses!
Snorts – I also have to share a snort with you. Mommy was looking at the map and saw an advertisement for a restaurant. You know my mom/dad – the foodies – snorts. Mom got all excited about one place that was called “Build a Gut” sandwich shop. OMP (oh my pig!) We rolled around laughing at that for the longest time. I already have a gut to build – my pot belly – snorts. It was too funny… and my kind of restaurant!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Build a Gut, collector pin, cute, daddy, entertainment, Friends, fun, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, Lori Fontanes, Love, map, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, post cards, post office, priceless, Sleepy Hollow, smart, spoiled, thank you, UPS, whattheducks
I am honored and so well…speechless (which is rare for this little oinker). I have been bestowed the The Imagine Unicorn Award from my friends over at http://evilsquirrelsnest.com. Thank you so very much! I love awards and I love unicorns – what a match for me! In fact, I secretly believe I have an unicorn in my magical back yard that poops the rainbow. Sshh – don’t tell anyone, everyone will want one!
With everything being kind of crazy here at the Hotel Thompson for October, I have my little head deep in research for my 31 Days of Spook and missing mom/dad with their vacation. They gave me this award on Sunday and I just don’t know what to say but thank you!
The Imagine Unicorn Award was created “in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity”. It has six basic rules…. thankfully none of which involve answering any silly questions….
- Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post. – check did that.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post. – check did that.
- List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative). – see below 🙂
- Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination. – see below 🙂
- Notify your nominees. – check will do
- Display The Imagine Award on your blog’s award page. – check did that
There’s a lot that I can say about evilsquirrelsnest. First off, it’s highly original. Who knew that squirrels could be so popular and lovable? We at the Hotel Thompson think about evilsquirrelsnest often…especially with having that pesky Journalist Rocky the Squirrel in our magical backyard always knocking on the door for a cup of nuts – snorts. Bill’s cartoons are a hoot, always makes us smile and even makes us ponder things at times. Whenever daddy is feeling down, he *always* goes to evilsquirrelsnest to make him smile. It’s just the way it is. In fact, I’ve even told some of my skype friends about the nest – it’s a must read. And mom, well she kind of basks in the posts from times of way back when. Snorts – it’s a hoot down memory lane my friends. Thank you so much for the kind gesture of thinking of this little oinker with this award. I’m touched.
My nominees (in no particular order) – please accept my friends 🙂
- Easy at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ His mom and dad remind me a lot about my mom/dad. In fact, I think they are brothers/sisters from a different mother on the other side of the earth – snorts. They are all tossed a little… I think in a good way.
- Chloe at http://freerangecow.com/ Come on – Chloe is a cow that travels and has field trips. It reminds me so much of my Bashful! And Chloe if you’re reading this and you should be – snorts – I didn’t get your email yet 😦 Send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org okay. You KNOW what it’s about.
- Hitchens at http://www.theporkypine.com What? Come on – he’s an oinker like me. You gotta love the originality of another pig and his life – snorts.
- Lori at http://whattheducks.com/ Ducks – that’s right I said it – ducks. And might I add, beautiful pictures and a friend from Sleepy Hollow 😉 winks
- Fozzie at http://dinz1234.wordpress.com/ I absolutely could not have a listing with my pal Fozzie from down under. She always wishes me good night and I try to do her as well. She tells tales of her animals – including gators, lizards oh my! She is a hoot of a friend and we loves her here at the Hotel Thompson. In fact, we love all of our friends so much!!
Enjoy your award my friends – everyone deserves it!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bill Brown, Chloe, comedy, cow, cute, daddy, dinz1234, ducks, easy, easyweimaraner, entertainment, evil squirrel, fozzie, freedom, freerangecow, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hitchens, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, lori, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, spoiled, The Imagine Award, The Imagine Unicorn Award, theporkypine, unicorn, whattheducks