Welcome my friends to another week of Travels in the South. You know my daddy, he loves his hamburgers. A couple of weeks ago he and mom found a restaurant that was a little hole in the wall. It wasn’t much on the outside but they were known for their burgers. And dad said they were right. Their burgers were out of this world delicious. Now, this is not something you should eat everyday for sure, especially when someone – snort mom snort – is suppose to be watching those calories. But I had to share their meal.
Both burgers had eight ounce angus beef patties. And that is the only thing they had in common – snorts with piggy laughter.
Dad’s had a hard fried egg, bacon (gulps), melted Jack cheese and pickles on it. Mom had bacon (gulps), a portobello mushroom, red onions and pickles. I couldn’t believe the size of mom’s burger. She couldn’t even wrap her mouth around it – HA! And of course she had to get daddy to help her finish it. Dad had onion rings with his burger. Mom had a salad so at least she *tried* to somewhat healthy.
Tags: adventure, angus, Angus patty, animal, appreciation, awesome, bacon, calories, cheese, comedy, cute, daddy, egg, entertainment, fire grilled, Food, freedom, fried egg, Friends, fun, funny, grilled, growing up, hamburger, hamburger joint, happy, Holiday, Hotel Thompson, humor, Jack cheese, Love, medium, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, mushroom, Pickles, play, playful, portobello, priceless, red onions, salad, sharing, smart, snorts, south, spoiled, steak, travels, Travels in the South, trouble
Hello friends – welcome to another week of Travels in the South. Now we all know that mom is trying to do right – trying to live a healthier life. She believes in the 90-10 system. 90% of the time she eats right while the other 10% of the time she has what she wants – within reason. Well this past weekend, mom was craving a hamburger… which is weird because that’s something she doesn’t usually crave. So her and dad went to a local burger joint. And mom did good. She really did… okay for the most part – remember 90-10 system – snorts with piggy laughter.
So what did mom eat? This is typical of things she orders when her and dad go out. This is called a Buffalo Wingman’s Burger. What makes it that? It has a blackened beef patty, pimento cheese spread, spicy pickles, red onions, a spicy mayo made with Chipotle pepper sauce and then topped with two buffalo wings – oh and mom got it bunless with a side salad. See what I’m talking about on 90-10 system? Sounds delicious and mom said it tasted even better.
Tags: 90-10 system, adventure, animal, appreciation, awesome, blackened burger, blue cheese, buffalo wings, bunless, burger, chipotle sauce, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, dressing, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, hamburger, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Pickles, pimento cheese, play, playful, priceless, red onions, salad, smart, snorts, south, spicy mayo, spoiled, travels, Travels in the South, trouble
For obvious reasons today – snorts/oinks/coughs – I’m giving todays Travels in the South edition over to mom. TAKE IT AWAY MOM!
Bacon – You might want to cover your ears and eyes for today’s edition.
Friends – we have found a really unique sandwich at our local Sonny’s Barbeque Restaurant. What is it you ask? They call this The Smokin’ Gun. Look at that deliciousness. Here is what is in it: Jalapeno cheddar hot links, chopped brisket, banana peppers and red onions topped with a sweet mustard sauce on a bun. It’s really not that hot – mom/dad both loved it for it’s uniqueness and taste. And of course for obvious reasons we can’t eat it at home. But it is way yummy!
If you have a Sonny’s Barbeque Restaurant in your area, you may want to check it out.
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, banana peppers, barbeque, bbq, brisket, cheddar, comedy, cute, dad, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, food porn, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, Georgia, growing up, happy, hilarious, Holiday, hot links, Hotel Thompson, humor, Jalapeno, Jalapeno cheddar hot links, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, onions, peppers, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, red onions, restaurant, smart, snorts, Sonny's, Sonny's Barbeque Restaurant, south, spoiled, The Smokin' Gun, travels, Travels in the South, trouble