It’s finally here – 2014! Time for a new year. Time for a clean slate. Time to let by-gones be by-gones and start out on a fresh start. We stayed up last night at the Hotel Thompson and watched the ball drop on the television, watched the fireworks from the front porch and popped open some bubbly. Don’t tell anyone but mom let me have a sip. Those bubbles tickled my snout – snorts. And as the clock struck midnight, I saw daddy give mommy a huge kiss on the lips. It was like something out of the 60’s movies that we like to watch. He swooped her back, told her he loved her and gave her a huge one. I drew the line when he wanted to do that to me. I just let him shake my hoof.
Every where you are in the world, there are ‘special’ traditions that cultures do for New Years. Here in Georgia, it’s a tradition that for dinner we eat black-eyed peas and turnip greens. It’s a superstition that these items bring good luck and prosperity for the new year. Supposedly, the peas represent copper and the greens represent dollars. The more you eat, the more prosperity you will have. Other places in the south substitute the turnip greens for cabbage. Either way – I love them all 🙂
Now for 2014 Resolutions. This is going to be *THE* year. I just feel it in my miniature pot belly!
- I’m determined to help mom/dad on their new way of eating. Notice I didn’t say the “D” word. It is a life time change. Baby steps you know. I made mom get on the scales this morning. They laughed at her. I don’t think that is a good sign.
- I’m determined to get some fan mail from my personal idols. Miss Piggy is tops on the list. I need to let her know that I’m alive and here for her. Second on the list is my good friend Maxwell. You know him from the Geico commercials.
- I’m determined to be more positive, write more and keep my friends in blogville laughing.
- I’m determined to get more organized. Yeah, this is a toughie. I’m not shall we say a organized piggy – I’m all hooves. But I will try in the new year.
- I’m determined to be nicer to the purr things here at the Hotel Thompson. Okay, we all know that Hemi rules the hotel here but I’m talking about Mouse Girl. I promise not to start something if she doesn’t start something. That sounds fair, right?
All my friends – I wish you all the happiness and prosperity for your New Year. May 2014 bring you everything you wish and desire.
Bacon, Hemi, Mouse Girl, Bashful and the Rock Clan, Journalist Rocky the Squirrel, Mom and Dad
From the Hotel Thompson – much love!!
Oh, and I couldn’t get away without giving all of ya’ll a kiss from the piggy!