I tell you, I need to get a hobby or start writing that great America novel. I couldn’t sleep last night. Bashful had a sleep over and mom and dad went out on date night. So, I stayed up late on the computer surfing the net. Will I *ever* find the end of that internet? Snort – probably not.
I came across some really interesting information and pictures for that matter. Take this toilet for example. Wouldn’t that be the coolest thing to have in your bathroom? I would be in there constantly watching the little fishies swim around.
But it makes me wonder. When you flush, where do those little fishies go? See, I’m a curious pig like that. It has to be a dual tank so they don’t get flushed down the drain. I know the purr things here would be in there drooling and wanting to play with them.
Let me share some of the interesting tidbits that I learned. I know you want to know what they were 🙂
The ‘average’ person spends three entire years of their life sitting on the toilet. An average person will visit the toilet 2500 times a year, that’s about 6-8 times a day.
- The film Psycho was the first movie to show a toilet flushing. The scene caused an impouring of complaints about the indecency.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on Leave it to Beaver.
- Pomegranates studded with cloves were used as the first attempt in making a toilet air freshener.
- Over $100,000 was spent on a study to determine whether most people put their toilet paper on the holder with the flap over or under. Most people put their flap over. I know we do here at the Hotel Thompson. You?
- King George II of Great Britain died falling off of a toilet on October 25, 1760. Can you imagine that?
- The first toilet cubicle in a row is the least used and consequently the cleanest.
- The toilet is flushed more times during the Super Bowl halftime than at any time during the year.
- While he didn’t invent the toilet, Thomas Crapper perfected the siphon flush system we use today. Snort – there was actually a guy named Crapper – stop it!
- In 1890, the Scott Paper Company manufactured toilet paper on a roll, much as we know it today.
- On an average day, we use 57 squares of toilet paper a day. Can you spare a square? There are 333 squares of toilet paper on the average roll. The standared size of a square is 4.5″ by 4.5″.
- Most toilets flush in the key of E flat.
- Did you know that there is actually a World Toilet Day? It takes place on November 19 every year. I’ll have to let Journalist Rocky the Squirrel know about that so he can do a post 🙂
- 40,000 Americans are injured on toilets each year.
- Do you know the different names for a toilet? loo, powder room, lavatory, outhouse (mom told be about those – OMP!), men’s room, dunny, women’s room, restroom, potty, cloakroom, latrine, water closet, john, little girls’ room, little boys’ room, throne, facilities? Do any of these ring a bell with you?
Hope you learned something new. I was totally fascinated with the information that I found. In fact, I printed this blog and put it in our bathroom. Why? Of course for bathroom reading – snort – HA! So this weekend, remember when you well when you – you know. 🙂