Tag Archives: peace
Dear Bacon – People come and see me at the zoo all of the time. They take my picture and always say, “Smile”. Well my friend, this is my happy face and I am actually smiling. In fact in this picture that someone took of me, I am meditating. I’m concentrating on thinking perhaps I am taking their pictures and they are posing. What do you think? Signed Happy Monkey
Dear Happy Monkey – I think you are thinking along the right path. I tell you what. I’m going to send you a camera so that you can do just that. Take humans pictures when they try taking your picture. Can you imagine the look on their face when you tell them to smile? Snorts!.
Dear Bacon – Dude, what’s up? I’m like feeling the nature man. I’m rocking with the inspiration of Marley and others. You know, keeping it real and much love to all. Peace Bro. Signed Bob
Dear Bob – WOW! I feel the love all over my friend. You keep rocking it and sharing it with everyone. How could anyone not be happy with you? You have to be the most even mannered pooch I’ve ever met – and the best dressed one to boot. Peace, Love and Rock n Roll to you. Keep it real and love to all.
Dear Bacon – I have to admit that my ears usually are down but on this date I saw something so totally scary that those ears shot straight up and haven’t went back down yet. I saw my humans naked… butt naked… without any clothes. Oh my eyes! Signed Pete
Dear Pete – I’m so sorry my friend. I know it’s hard to get over that. What has been seen can not be unseen now. It does get better though. After a while, it seems second nature and it doesn’t scare you as much. I should know. Daddy lives in naked world when mom is not here. Rolls piggy eyes. He says he cleans better. Now that is a thought you can’t get out of your mind isn’t it? Snorts with piggy laughter.
Dear Bacon – I’m here to answer the ever lasting question – how do you make panda bears. Well, as you can see from the picture you know have the answer – 🙂 You are so welcome. Signed Pan Family
Dear Tongue – Oh my piggy heavens. I have always wondered about that my friends and I’m sure others have as well. Ya’ll are awesome to let us know the secret. What a beautiful family you have there!
REMEMBER my friends – these weekly Dear Bacon issues can’t happen without YOU. Please email me your letters and pictures – thanks! ❤
In Honor of My Sweet Nylablue
You may be gone but you are not forgotten. I close my eyes and smile. I dream of you running without pain or illness through the daisies chasing butterflies and looking so beautiful. When I’m silent and still in my toddler bed with my Egyptian cotton sheet around me, I can almost hear your purrs in my ear – just like old times. You were my first kitty girlfriend – my sweet purr thing – my snugglebug and you always will be the love of my life ❤
I think of you now watching over all of us that are still here. You touched my life in so many ways. You showed us how to keep fighting for life and things you wanted. You showed us love beyond what we could ever imagine. I was privileged to have you in my life – your love was an added bonus that I will *NEVER* forget. You will always be part of my heart.
I pray for your mom and send her loads of hogs and snout kisses. May she find some peace and remember that we all are here for her in her time of need.
We love you Sherri-Ellen!
I think my mommy does. She absolutely loves it when it rains outside and looks miserable. She says that she feels most alive during these days. She’s a strange human. But then again I thought to myself, I wonder if there are others like her out there. So my friends I ask you. Do you have a little pluviophile in you? Snorts. Happy October!
Squeal! Happy piggy dance – shake it to the left – shake it to the right – I’m so excited!! Angel Whisper gave me this award last week on 05/20/2014. Isn’t it awesome?! So unique and lovely!! Thank you so much my kind sweet friends!
The only ‘rule’ for this award is to write a short piece on why you are accepting it. That’s easy enough so here I go.
Life is too short. Life is too short to be stressed…to be worried… to be depressed. There’s one way to overcome all of that. Laugh. Laughter brings inner peace and smile to your face. If I make one person smile… or pee in their pants a little with laughter… then my job is well done.
For those that do not have this award, please accept it. I’m giving this award to ALL of my friends here on my blog. You deserve a little inner peace today 🙂 Much love to all of you – XOXO – Bacon
I’m so pigstatic! My friend Melody at http://donkeywhispererfarm2010.wordpress.com gave me an award. Have I told you lately how much this little piggy loves awards? My tail is wagging so fast from being happy that I may take flight. I’m especially ecstatic because I haven’t received this one yet – happy piggy dance! Happy piggy dance!
You must go and check out Melody’s blog. Do you know that she has donkeys? Not just any donkeys but a mammoth donkey and a mini donkey. They are so cool! And, it looks like she has so much fun with them. She is a “donkey whisperer” like mommy is a “oinker whisperer”. Be sure to give her a visit and tell her that Bacon sent you 🙂
There is only one rule when accepting this award. When you pass the award on, please share some kind words with that person. Simple enough, right? The only hard thing is just picking a few people. If it was up to me, I would pick ALL of my friends because ALL of you have touched me and my family with your friendship.
Your blog states “All about our truly best friend” and it’s right. You are truly a great and wonderful friend to this little oinker. I love your sense of humor – it reminds me so much of my own. We are two happening four legged guys out for a great time in making our humans smile and laugh. I think we both succeed. Love you Easy!
- Caren, Dakota and Cody at http://dakotasden.wordpress.com/
Not only is there a barky thing, there’s a purr thing here too! Their mom is so funny and wonderful. And, she is smart! She guessed my new game show Name that Business/Product in like 15 seconds flat. That’s fast! What’s the best thing – she loves ANIMALS – all of them… even this spoiled little oinker. Love ya’ll Caren, Dakota and Cody!
- Sharon at http://gentlestitches.com/
WOW! Sharon is super awesome. She does what is called aussiegurumi. That’s a big word for this little piggy so I’m going to tell you in my language what she does. She does awestruck magic! This past weekend she posted a 1/2 inch high picnic basket full of apples and a banana that she crocheted! And she even included an ant because you know what picnic is without ants, right? She is totally amazing. And, rumor is she might be working on something to resemble this little rotten pig… just a rumor 🙂 Love you Sharon!
Let’s start off this week on a great approach. Smile at a stranger, at a friend, over the table at breakfast or in passing on the street and make someone’s morning bright and cheerful. Let’s be grateful for this Monday morning and share our love.
As I was camping out on the sofa with mom this weekend watching television, I was also surfing the internet on my iPad. I came across some great and wonderful visuals on love. I hope you had a great weekend and these bring a smile to your face my friends. XOXO – Bacon
Isn’t this a lovely gesture?! It brought water to my eyes to think of the love of sea otters. If you can’t read it, it says, “Sea Otters hold hands while they sleep so they don’t drift apart from each other.”
I showed it to mom/dad and you know what they said? Daddy said that he and mom hold hands at night when they drift off to sleep. Isn’t that cute? He said that way they could dream pleasant things knowing the other one was there beside them. aaww – how sweet is that?!
Okay – this picture I just had to chuckle, snort and oink at because I thought it was so hilarious. Can you imagine saying this in a restaurant? HA – snort.
Mom especially loved this one – she has a special place in her heart for rabbits. You know she used to have some that were house trained – way before me coming to the Hotel Thompson.
This one is to show you that today should be about Peace, Love and Pigs – smile oink.
Remember to smile at people as you pass them. You *never* know when someone needs that smile to set their day in a better tone or to encourage them in their life.
And this one my friends is especially for you. I love you each and every one. Thank you so much for being my friend and encouraging me in my wicked ways of humor.
Hogs and Snout Kisses – Happy Monday – Bacon
I am very, very honored to have received the WordPress Family Award from my great friend Christina at www.peacelovenwhiskers.com
This little oinker gets so excited over receiving awards. My tail has been non-stop wagging since reading about it this morning. I told dad and he got so excited – I thought he was going to start shaking his tail too! We both called mommy at the worky place and gave her the great news. I could feel the vibration of her tail wagging all the way over the telephone line!
Thank you so much my friend for thinking of me – much love!
The rules are very simple –
- Display the award logo on your blog – HOOVE CHECK
- Link back to the person who nominated you – HOOVE CHECK – see above
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family – HOOVE CHECK – see below
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them – HOOVE CHECK
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
It’s so hard to pick just 10 friends – I would love to pick them all because they all mean so much to me! I give all of their blogs two hooves up – I’d give them four but I would fall over – snort. So, let me see if I can narrow it down just a bit here:
- http://promethios.wordpress.com/ This is my friend Leo’s blog. He has beautiful pictures on his blog and posts just about everything. He has a great sense of humor like me! He even has a friend in his life – a pig named Alice – that he talks to me and mommy about. His bond with Alice is like mine and mom’s. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://evilsquirrelsnest.com/ This blog is hilarious! My friend Bill draws editions of Evil Squirrel’s Nest and his buddies. Mom compares it to comic books that she used to buy as a child. I can get my fix here on line from my friend. There about well everything. He even created a pigladillo the other day – you know that got this oinkers attention – snort. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com/ This is wonderful! She makes you laugh. She makes you think. She ocassionally makes you cry with deep thoughts. I’ve grown close to reading this blog daily.
- http://screechandsquawk.wordpress.com/ My wonderful bird friends Basil, Manuel and Stephie. Lots of pictures – which is good thing for this visual piggy – with lots of cute bubble words. Snort – always makes me laugh – ALWAYS.
- http://cybergazing.wordpress.com Wendy is great in keeping me up to date about everything and anything going on in the world. If it wasn’t for her blog, I would be as hip as I am about things. Sometimes *I* tell mom and dad things before they even know about it because of Wendy. Yep, she is that kind of happening chick!
- http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ Easy Rider – snort – he is a dog after my own heart. If I was a dog, I would be him. We are four legged brothers with both of us having a wicked sense of humor. The other day he posted about coming through customs at his house. I was laughing so hard I woke up Bashful from his nap. It was hilarious!
- http://mykunekunes.wordpress.com/ Oh my friend Annette – she has Kunekune pigs! And, they are fixing to have babies!! You know I have a special place in my heart for my kind. She has a pig Truffles that I abolustely LOVE. I so can’t wait to see the babies and read more about her baby boom!!http://machomojave.wordpress.com/ This is about Katie and she is a horse. In fact, I think she was the first horse I met here. She has beautiful hair. In fact, she even gave some advice on how to have such beautiful hair – you gotta read all about it.
- http://scottiechronicles.com/ They’re on vacation right now but will be back next week. I love adventures as much as the next person and they keep me on my toes with theirs!
- http://jbranchohio.wordpress.com I think I met my future wife here – snort. Piper Ann – the prettiest little pink piggy I’ve ever put my eyes on… well since Miss Piggy.
So, don’t walk – run over to see these wonderful inspiring blogs. I’m glad I got to know them and have them as a part of my life. Tell them that Bacon sent you 🙂
Thanks again to www.peacelovenwhiskers.com for the nomination. You are a dear, dear friend!
My friends over at www.peacelovenwhiskers.com have stepped in to do a special edition of Dear Boo. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Boo has a sense of humor similar to mine, don’t you think? Big thanks out to Boo and Christina for this special edition! We hope that you will do it again in the future ((HOGS AND KISSES)) Bacon
I heard you like to pounce on the other kitties in the house when you want to play with them. I tried to do with the same with my fellow squirrels, but they don’t like it as much, they kept dropping their food and running away chattering mean things at me. Do you think I overdid it? Signed, Pouncing Red
Dear Pouncing Red,
I had no idea squirrels could pounce. I pounce all the time at my kitty brofurs and sisfur. I do it when they eat, coming out of the litter box, taking a nap… there’s no wrong time to pounce. Did you try a sneak attack? I like to get low on the ground, wiggle my bottom and give it all I have. Maybe you can try that to get other squirrels to play. Love Boo
I have a secret, I found the perfect companion who shares my thoughts on how us pets should be treated, but all the other dogs make fun of me because well…it’s a bunny. How can I get the other dogs to understand? Doggy in Luv
Dear Doggy in Luv,
You two look cute together. Don’t worry about the other dogs, or anyone else for that matter. As long as you two are happy that’s all that matters. Sincerely, Boo
I’m all ready for the summer. I just need my beach chair and sunscreen. What do you think? Signed, Summer Bunny
Dear Summer Bunny,
I like that look! I may have to get a pair of sunglasses for myself. Want to hang out by the pool sometime? Love, Boo
I’m in desperate need of your help. As you can see from the picture I have a situation.. it’s a cat who likes to sleep on my bed. I wanted to take a nap, but the cat got there first. How do I get him off of my bed? Signed, Doggy in waiting
Dear Doggy in waiting,
You can always do what I do when I want someone to move, cuddle up with them for a little bit, drift off for a bit and then slowly stretch out. This really annoys my brofurs and sisfur. I stretch out so much that they don’t have any room left and get up and leave. Thanks when I curl into a ball and purr myself to sleep, knowing I got the spot I wanted. Good luck to you and let me know how it goes. Your purry friend, Boo
It was so cold up there that my biped made me this little sweater. I didn’t like it at first, I was trying to squirm out of it, but I’m getting used to it. I think I may wear for the rest of the year. What do you think of it? Signed,
Purrfectly Comfortable in Clothes
Dear Purrectly Comfortable in Clothes,
It is quite cute. I’m sure your biped loves you a lot to try to make sure you are warm. It’s too hot here for meowmy to try to make me wear clothes living in Florida and all. But if we lived where it was cold I would ask for my meowmy to make me something close to what you have. Stay warm and cozy my little friend. Love, Boo