There we were this past weekend, errands were taken care of and mom and dad finally were resting in the living room. There wasn’t anything “good” on television so they decided to watch the cartoon channel. Yes I’m glad to report that they are not that old yet – snorts with piggy laughter.
So they were watching their cartoons, laughing and acting like two year olds. They started talking about Saturday morning cartoons and what they used to watch on television. That made us all think. What were some of your favorite cartoons while you were growing up?
Mom and dads were: Scooby Doo (mom still loves this show today), the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Thundercats, the Looney Tunes, the Huckleberry Hound Show, Yogi Bear, Jonny Quest, Speed Racer, Hong Kong Phooey and Jabber Jaw.
Do you remember these? What were your favorites?
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, cartoons, child, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, flintstones, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, hong Kong phooey, Hotel Thompson, Huckleberry Hound Show, jabber jaw, Jetsons, jonny quest, kid, looney tunes, Love, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Saturday, Scooby Doo, smart, snorts, speed racer, spoiled, trouble, Weekend, yogi bear
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
Dad is so helpful. He learned of my desire to lose a little weight to get ready for swimsuit season. What does he do? Threaten to put me on the family treadmill. Really?
He actually had the nerve to put my little fanny on the treadmill and turn it on low. I didn’t know what to do so I started walking slowly. He was all excited and thought he was doing something fabulous. He was laughing so loud that mom came in to find out what he was doing.
Talk about having a fit. Mom can squeek pretty loud when she wants to. I never knew that – PLOL (Pig Laughing out Loud). I wasn’t in any harm and in fact I was kind of digging the treadmill. It wasn’t going too fast, just good enough for me to keep up with on my short chubby little legs. Well, mom didn’t like it. She said no to the treadmill. She turned it off and told me told get off. I was all “aaww mom” but she didn’t want to hear it.
So, it’s back to pig aerobics in front of the television. You know really, I think I can have this entire problem solved in just a few minutes. If mom would just make me that cape, I could be Super Pig and get plenty of exercise! Start my theme music please, “Here I come to save the day…” Okay, that’s Mighty Mouse but I think it would work for me, don’t you?
XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, bacon, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, exercise, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, humor, Love, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, spoiled, Super Hero, Super Pig, treadmill, trouble, Weekend