Dear Bacon – I’m not sure what happened. First the human was standing in front of the refrigerator door. The next thing I knew, the human fell down like that Humpty Dumpty dude. I have to admit the human made a pretzel look pretty everyday the way they curled up and bounced. Do your humans ever do anything like this? Signed I’ll Give That a 10 out of 10
Dear I’ll Give That a 10 out of 10 – First, I wouldn’t be any kind of friend without asking is your human okay? Did they get back up after their yoga move? I’m saying yoga move because humans put themselves in all kinds of weird positions when they do that stuff. In fact, I have to admit that I’m pretty impressed with your move on top of the refrigerator. What do you call that? Upward kitty stance? Just be careful. I’ve heard that first step off of the refrigerator can be a booger bear – the floor doesn’t give.
Dear Bacon – This sucks. Trust me – leave the work stuff to the humans. Getting up at an ungodly hour is bad enough. But then the humans have to dress up in these clothes – eeww. How do they not pee on themselves wearing this stuff? Signed Help Me!
Dear Help Me! Oh I know my friend. I don’t envy mommy going to the work place ever. First you have to dress up then you have to drive there. Then apparently you put up with a lot of crap and there are no treats. What the heck do they work for? Shaking my head. Stay at home for as long as you can.
Dear Bacon – The humans are so fickle. I hear them talking about this diet stuff all of the time and how they don’t eat and how the scales are nothing but lies and they don’t understand why they are not losing weight. Breathe. I know. I know everything. You see, I sit here on my perch in the dark at night. I know why they are not losing any weight. They are coming into the kitchen at night and eating out of the fridge and cabinets. Doh – that’s why they are not losing weight. Do your humans do this? Signed The Watcher
Dear The Watcher – In a word – YES. My humans do this too. Then they yell at the scales at the end of the week. Hilarious is what I call it. My mom calls the scales a perpetual liar every week. Of course, sometimes she doesn’t know that I have my hoof on the back of it – snorts.
Dear Bacon – You give a child an inch and they take a mile. I told little Rusty he could play in front of the tree. What does the little tyke do? He climbs the tree. Why do I care? Because then he started squealing like someone was taking away his honey. He was stuck and couldn’t get down. What are we going to do with the children these days? Signed Mommy Bear
Dear Mommy Bear – You know I feel you but you have to admit that the little guy is cute stuck on the side of the tree there. Good thing he has those nice long nails to hang into the bark. Give him a break this time okay. He’s learning life and he’s still a kid. Let him be a kid for as long as he can. Kudos to you being a great mom!
Remember friends – Dear Bacon can’t happen without YOU. Please continue sending me your letters and pictures to my email address. ♥
Tags: adventure, advice, advice column, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, bears, bed, bedtime, cat, clothes, column, comedy, cute, Dear Abby, Dear Bacon, devil, dog, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Honey, humor, Humpty Dumpty, kid, kitchen, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, night, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, sleep, smart, snorts, spoiled, treats, tree, trouble, twist, work, Yoga
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, assholes, bacon, Bad, cherry, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, green, growing up, happy, Honey, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, lemon, Lifesavers, lime, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, orange, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Red, smart, snorts, spoiled, teacher, trouble, Weekend, yellow
My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA:
Items to price this month:
- Soup – Yummy! Soup is fantastic in the winter and for colder days. Dad’s favorite ‘can’ soup is Chunky’s Beef Barley. He LOVES that stuff! When mom can find is for a $1.00 a can – she stocks up the cabinets. It’s great, convenient for daddy to prepare and tastes awesome. Yep, I know it does. I’ve licked the bowl a couple of times – snorts!
- Christmas Trees – Why are trees so expensive? Of course, the longer you wait until Christmas, the cheaper they are. That makes sense, right? We don’t have a tree here at the Hotel Thompson so I had to check with a friend on this one. Our friends have a five foot fir. It cost them – right after Thanksgiving – nearly $80! Of course, if you wait until the day before Christmas – the price will be so much lower… as well the branches. So it might look like a Charlie Brown tree then. Snorts.
- Cold Medicine – Mom couldn’t believe the prices on this! Her and daddy will sometimes take DayQuil or Nyquil. As an alternative, they will buy the store brand of these items. Sometimes if mom is lucky, she can get a combo pack with one of each for around $8.00 – can you believe that? And mom says what is up with Mucinex? Have you seen the prices for that stuff? It’s between $20-25.00 a box. Mom has recently found a generic brand for this at Kroger for $4.00 a bottle! What a mark up for brand name huh?
- Hot Drink – This time of the year, there is nothing like something hot and satisfying on your tummy for warmth and to head off a bad cold. Mom LOVES a hot toddy. This is a rather cheap drink because you have most of the items on hand – perhaps less than $2.00 when you calculate. Mommy said I could share her hot toddy recipe below – enjoy and let us know what you think 🙂 It *always* puts mommy in a good mood.
- Random Item of your choice. Whiskey – Mommy tries to always keep some Jack Daniels on hand. Her and dad are NOT big drinkers here but there is an occasion when you need this stuff. Her random item will be Jack Daniels Tennessee honey, 750 ml. It costs around $30.00 but lasts for a while and goes GREAT with mom’s hot toddy recipe.
Mom’s Hot Toddy Recipe:
1 teaspoon of honey; 2 ounces of boiling water; 1 1/2 ounces of whiskey (your choice but JD Honey goes great with this recipe); 3 cloves; 1 cinnamon stick; 1 slice of lemon and 1 pinch of nutmeg
Combine all of the ingredients above except for the nutmeg. Let stand for at least five minutes to combine the flavors. Add the sprinkle of nutmeg and then let your worries go away!
Thank you my friends for Shopping Around the World – hope you had a lot of fun!
Tags: adventure, animal, bacon, Beef Barley, blog, Christmas, Christmas trees, chunky, Cinnamon, Coffee, Cold, Dayquil, drinks, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fun, growing up, happy, Honey, hot, hot chocolate, hot drinks, hot toddy, humor, Jack Daniels, Jack Daniels Honey, lemon, Love, medicines, miniature pot bellied pig, month, Mucinex, nutmeg, Nyquil, pet, pets, play, playful, priceless, prices, random, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, snorts, soup, tea, Tennessee, trees, water, whiskey, world
Okay, I have to start first by saying Happy Monday. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Second of all, it’s hot. H.O.T. I do not like the heat. Shakes head – it’s just not for me. I get questions at times about my ‘magical’ backyard and what it looks like. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. You ask how? Looking at cold pictures makes me feel cooler. I’m going to share some snow pictures of my kingdom from a while back. Tell me that this backyard doesn’t look mystical and magical.
Now, look at this picture. It was snowing in it and although you can’t really *see* the snow, you can see the woods beyond. Doesn’t it just look inviting for all of the creatures that live back there in that paradise?
Can you understand now about that magical place back there in the woods? The tall trees, all of the over growth that might happen in the warmer months. In the cooler months, it just looks mysterious.
There’s really no telling what lives back there. I still say to this date that I’ve seen Bigfoot back there. I know I’ve at least heard his grunts!
And I’ve told you before about mom’s
obsession liking of the mouse that wears gloves – that Mickey Mouse. He’s even in the back yard on the back deck. From this picture, you can see how much snow we had back there. Doesn’t it make you shiver just a bit? I already feel so much better just looking at this picture.
Have I said that I hate heat?
I thought I would throw this in for our barky friends 🙂 This is Honey Bear. Honey Bear was a chow mix. She was so loving, very sweet and very kind. She lived at the Hotel Thompson – see I told you we had a zoo here – snorts.
She has since gone over the rainbow to animal heaven. Wasn’t she beautiful?
And I saved the best for last. Now you can tell how far the
obsession idolization craziness fondness goes for that little mouse. Go ahead, check out the Hotel Thompson.
When you are done laughing – snort – tell me that picture doesn’t cool you down a couple of degrees. There’s nothing like snow in the summer – right?
And, after looking at these pictures of nature, do you understand why I’m an inside piggy?
Happy Monday my friends! XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, bacon, Bigfoot, comedy, craziness, creatures, cute, deck, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, heaven, Honey, Honey Bear, humor, idol, Love, Mickey Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, mysterious, mystical, nature, obsession, Outside, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, powers, priceless, rainbow, smart, Snow, spoiled, summer, trouble, winter, woods