I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
Okay I admit it. I’m addicted. I’m addicted to the ID channel. You know – investigative discovery. It could be a worse. I could have a gambling problem. I could have a money problem. I could be addicted to the ladies. Nope – I’m addicted to Investigative Discovery. I can’t help it.
Behind Mansion Walls, Disappeared , Catch My Killer, Dateline, Nightmare Next Door, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Homicide Hunter, Redrum, Swamp Murders, Southern Fried Homicide – these are just a few of the shows that get my piggy blood pumping!
Some people ask what is in my Netflix que or recorded to tape on my television – now you know. I love a good who did it show. I put on my Sherlock Holmes hat, get out my Columbo cigar, my pencil and notebook. Yep, I’m addicted. Do you know else is addicted right there with me? Nods head up and down, yep my mommy.
Daddy says we watch too many of these shows. I don’t think so. I look at it as an educational research program for me and mom. It keeps us on our hooves and toes. But I guess I can admit there are times when maybe – and I stress that maybe – we are watching too much. You be the judge.
10 Signs You’re Watching the ID Channel Too Much
1. After watching the ID channel, you double check and then TRIPLE check to make sure all of your locks are set on every door and window in the house.
2. You find yourself screaming at the television, “Don’t do it!”; “Turn around!”; “Don’t open the closet door!”; “Don’t get in the car!”; or my favorite, “Are you crazy!?!” and mom’s favorite, “Has she seriously not called the cops yet?!”
3. You’ve thought about doing a background check on your significant other because you just never know who you’ve married.
4. When your spouse brings you a drink without asking, you automatically want to switch glasses with them just in case.
5. When going on vacation, the first thing you ask is, “Do you have the ID channel?” followed by “What about free WifI?”
6. When passing a hitch hiker, you just know in your mind’s eye that he has a hatchet or some sort of torture device in his back pack.
7. When at a restaurant and the table next to you asks to borrow your salt shaker, you give them EVERYTHING on your table because you know people have been killed for less.
8. When a friend asks you to ‘go for a ride’ and doesn’t tell you where ya’ll are going, you call everyone in front of him to let them know who you are with, start the recording device on your Smart phone and leave bread crumbs as a trail to find you…. just in case.
9. You’re friends give you a surprise birthday party and the first thing you do when the lights come on and everyone yells surprise is take cover behind the sofa in a fetal position.
10. Just the sound of any of the shows on the ID channel sends chills up and down your spine and you begin to wonder how the show is going to end this time.
Tell me my friends that I’m not the only one addicted to a channel that you just can’t get enough of…. please 🙂
Tags: 10 signs, addicted, addiction, adventure, animal, appreciation, background, background check, bacon, Bad, Behind Mansion Walls, bread crumbs, cable, Catch My Killer, chills, comedy, cops, cute, daddy, Dateline, devil, Disappeared, door locks, doors, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, go for a ride, growing up, happy, hatchet, hitchhiker, Homicide Hunter, Hotel Thompson, humor, ID channel, Investigative Discovery, Killer, killing, Love, Lt. Joe Kenda, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, murder, Netflix, Nightmare Next Door, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Paula Zahn, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, problem, restaurant, significant other, smart, smart phone, snorts, Southern Fried Homicide, spine, spoiled, spouse, Swamp Murders, television, torture, trouble, vacation, windows