Have you ever tasted something that was so wrong but yet so rightfully delicious? Mom was just so glad that she got daddy to eat his vegetables. What vegetables you ask? Well, we are here in the south where if you stay in one place for too long, they will deep fry you. Okay maybe not you personally but anything food wise.
At this particular restaurant, they have breaded deep fried crispy green beans. You heard that right. Deep fried green beans. They serve these magnificent veggies with a cucumber wasabi ranch sauce. You get a little spice with a little veggie with a little breaded goodness. Have you ever tried fried green beans?
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, breaded, comedy, coupon, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, free, freedom, fried, fried green beans, Friends, fun, funny, games, green beans, growing up, happy, humor, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, ranch sauce, restaurant, review, smart, snorts, spice, spoiled, TGI Friday's, Travels in the South, trouble, vegetables, veggies, wasabi, yummy
Oh friends! What a week it has been. With mom recuperating from her car accident, we have all been trying to be nice to her. After one doctors appointment last week, mom was craving some comfort food. Nothing screams southern comfort more than this picture, right? For those that don’t recognize that awesome glory, let me break it down for you.
Those two delightfully brown looking pieces on that plate, that would be boneless fried chicken. You see chicken of any kind is like one of mom’s fall to foods when she is feeling really icky. And personally I think these past couples of weeks qualified for just that.
Mom ordered the chicken with green beans, a side salad and white gravy on the side. What was the gravy for? Of course to dip that wonderful chicken into before eating it. You’ve never done that before? You are so hidden from southern comforts. You must try it.
So you see mom didn’t do too bad but she sure felt better afterwards. ❤
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, boneless, Cheddar's, comfort food, cute, daddy, devil, dinner, entertainment, Food, free, freedom, fried chicken, Friends, fun, funny, games, gravy, green beans, growing up, happy, humor, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, restaurant, salad, sauce, smart, snorts, southern, spoiled, trouble
My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.This month we are focusing on items for the vegetarians – fruits and vegetables. Special thanks to Corkscot for the suggestion this month.
Items priced this month – Prices in Georgia USA:
- Apples – Mommy goes to Sam’s Warehouse to get a huge bag of Granny Smith (my favorites) for $4.99 a bag. There’s about 15 HUGE apples in this bag. Which is good because I get a 1/2 of sliced apple before bedtime every night 🙂 It’s my bedtime snack.
- Strawberries – If we are lucky, our store puts 16 ounces packages of huge strawberries on sale for $2.50 a package. During the peak season, we go the strawberry patch. We can get a HUGE basket that we pick… and of course I sample… for $8.00
- Carrots – Mommy buys me the 16 ounce bag that are cut/peeled baby carrots. I live off of these! She gets them for $0.99 a bag – sometimes on sale she can get them two bags for $1.00 🙂
- Green Beans – Fresh are so yummy! We get them here in season for $0.99 a pound.
- Lettuce – We have been buying lettuce for a while now for $0.99 a head. Sometimes they are HUGE and well worth it and other times they are small and only makes a couple of meals for us. That’s right I said ‘us’. I get a salad for dinner every night with mom.
- Random Fruit of your choice. Seedless grapes. Smacking my piggy lips now. I ❤ it when mom pops them in the freezer and then gives them to me as a treat. Piggy heaven!
- Random Vegetable of your choice. Corn on the Cob – can you say delicious!? On sale, we can get three ears for $1.00. This is a great deal. She shucks them, wraps them in aluminum foil, sprays them with butter and throws them on the grill, in the oven or in the crock pot. My mouth is watering just thinking about how juicy they are!
If you have some items that you want to get on the list, email me at email@example.com
Hope you had fun!!
Tags: adventure, animal, apples, bacon, Bath, blog, calendar, carrots, cob, corkscot, corn, corn on the cob, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fruits, fun, grapes, green beans, growing up, happy, humor, lettuce, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, month, pet, pets, play, playful, priceless, prices, random, seedless, seedless grapes, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, vegetables, vegetarian, world
Thanks to everyone for another great edition of Shopping Around the World in August. It’s so awesome to see the various prices around the world!
Me and my pal Fozzie started Shopping Around the World in April. This has become a huge hit and we all want to know if we are paying more or less than everyone else – snorts. We are going to do it again this month on Wednesday, September 24.
Do a posting on your blog linked back to mine. That way we can keep track of all of the different prices. It should be interesting to see the differences between. Mark your calendar so you can do a posting with us. This month we are focusing on fruits and vegetables – a vegetarian trolley if you will. (Thanks Corkscot for the suggestion!)
Items to price this month:
- Apples – What kind do you buy, how many, price per pound.
- Strawberries – How many ounces/pounds and price.
- Carrots – What size bag, price
- Green Beans – Do you buy fresh/frozen/canned? What kind and price.
- Lettuce – How much per head?
- Random Fruit of your choice
- Random Vegetable of your choice.
Come join the fun of Shopping Around the World – mark your calendars
Wednesday, September 24, 2014!
Thank you very much for your ideas for the monthly listing. If you have any more suggestions to be added to my on-going list, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: adventure, animal, apples, bacon, blog, carrots, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fruit, fun, green beans, growing up, happy, humor, lettuce, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, month, pet, pets, play, playful, priceless, prices, random, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, snorts, strawberries, vegetable, vegetarian, water, world