Okay my friends – Let’s Play a Game – a fun game. Let our imagination’s work overtime to see what we can come up with on this subject.
If you had to be trapped in a television show for a month – which show would you choose?
Personally, I would choose Green Acres. I think I could have an awesome time with Arnold.
Houdini would like to choose Scooby Doo. He mumbled something about scooby snacks and that he would like to give Scrappy Doo a run for his money.
Hemi would like to join the ranks of Puss in Boots in the Shrek movie and perhaps teach them some things – snorts (sounds just like Hemi!)
Mouse Girl would like to hang out with Binx in Hocus Pocus. That way she can actually talk to people and let them know what she thinks. Also I think she has the hots for Binx – I’m just saying – snorts!
Daddy would like to hang out with any James Bond movie ever – he loves all of those shows and thinks he’s a bit of Bond character – snorts.
Mom would like to hang out in the movie Castaway. (1) perhaps she could get some rest and (2) perhaps she could lose some weight – double win huh?
Tags: Arnold, castaway, game, green acres, James Bond, movie, Puss in Boots, rest, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, show, Shrek, snacks, television, television show, trapped, weight
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
So early last week, mom and dad went to bed, turned on their television to watch the news and got all comfortable. Hemi, as you can see in this picture, likes to sit front and center and swat at the news people. See, it’s not just me that purr thing swats – snorts. Mom sets the timer on the television and those humans of mine usually drift off to sleep land express before the television turns off. But the other night, the television went off early. Mom assumed that since Hemi was near the remote control, he probably hit the button and turned it off. No problems.
So mom gets up the next morning to watch the news while getting ready for the worky place and guess what? The flat screen won’t come on. What? That’s not good. So my mom, who is NOT electronically inclined might I add, checks everything – all plugs, resets the television and hits the button again. Nothing. Now she fusses a bit and I’m sitting on the bed watching her. Daddy wakes up from his slumber like a bear waking up from hibernation and asks whats going on and why am I on his bed. I gave him a stink eye look just like mommy did – snorts.
Mom explains to him what happened. Then daddy did something so stupid that I started snorting almost rolling off the bed. He asks mommy, “Did you check the plug in?” Pardon me dad, let me help you put that size 10 foot right into your mouth because mom is going to get you so good. And trust me, putting your foot into your own mouth is NOT going to be as easy as you were a child. Nope. Not at all. Trust me on that one.
After mom so politely told him where to shove his comment, mom told him she had checked all of the plugs. She might have put in a “DOH” somewhere in there but I don’t think he heard her – snorts. Then dad said the most outrageous thing. He said, “Well, I guess it’s broken then.” WOW daddy, you think? Rolls piggy eyes.
And then when you thought that daddy couldn’t say anything more incredibly stupid, he did. He said, “Well I guess we will have to take Bacon’s flat screen from his bedroom”. Whatchu talking about daddy?! I don’t think so. You can back away from my flat screen this minute. Nope. Not going to happen. Not in a New York piggy minute. That’s my television. I jumped up on the bed and got in my fierce mowhawk stance and gave him the best stink eye look I could muster.
Mommy looked at me. I looked at mommy. Daddy looked at me. I looked at daddy. Then mommy looked at daddy and said, “If you are brave enough to take Bacon’s television, you go right ahead”. Then there was silence while daddy was thinking. I know he was thinking. I could see smoke coming out of his ears – snorts. I know he was calculating how he could do it without me getting him. Don’t let this cute adorable face fool you. I can protect what’s mine – like my television. Okay. I might have squealed a little too to enforce I meant business.
Dad finally said, “I think we have another one in the work out room, don’t we?” That’s right daddy. Ninja Pig Bacon wins. You move right along to the work out room and get that television.
Pardon me now my friends. Green Acres is playing on my television in my bedroom. I need to go watch it. Did I mention it was my television? Snorts.
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, bed, bedroom, cat, child, comedy, control, cute, dad, daddy, devil, doh, electronic, entertainment, flat screen, foot in mouth, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, green acres, growing up, happy, Hemi, hibernation, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, New York, news, ninja, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, protect, protection, remote, remote control, reporters, sleep, smart, spoiled, stink eye, television, trouble, workout
I’ve done a lot of reserch lately on my kind. I’ve come across what I believe are the top 6 most famous pigs. I wonder if you recognize any of them? Let’s go down memory lane to see if you know at least one 🙂
NUMBER 6 – WILBUR
Everyone remembers this wonderful story from child hood. Saved from the slaughter house – shivers – by Fern, Wilbur grows from the runt of the litter to a prize winning pig.
Sounds kind of familiar with myself since once upon a time, I was a little runt as well. I like to think I’ve done good for myself. This story also has a fabulous looking spider named Charlotte in the novel.
She almost makes you think spiders are cute and adorable, you know.
NUMBER 5 – BABE
All Babe wanted to do was be a sheep dog so what did he do? He trained himself to herd sheep. That makes sense, doesn’t it? No one believed in him that he would succeed but he persevered.
He learned the secret language of sheep and his success and being a sheep pig was secured!
This movie is wonderful and very touching – makes you fall so deeply in love with this special oinker!
NUMBER 4 – MISS PIGGY
The piggy of my dreams – swoon! She is a blue eyed bombshell, all sweet and girlish on one side and on the other side ready to karate chop herself to the top.
What is there not to love about this gorgeous pig?!
When will she ever learn that the green Kermit is not for her and she should just come and live with me at the Hotel Thompson? We could make an awesome – wonderful team together!
NUMBER 3 – ARNOLD ZIFFEL
I’ve been watching this pig for a while now on Green Acres – he is right up there with my friend Maxwell. I love that he lives in Hooterville and does all of the things I like to do – watching TV and changing the channels, taking his lunch box in his mouth to school and painting pictures.
He was a little human pig… just like me! 🙂
Who would have ever thought I was a pig in training from Arnold?!
NUMBER 2 – PORKY PIG
“Th-th-th-that’s all folks!” This is one of my favorite cartoons to watch on my television in my bedroom at the Hotel Thompson. He has stuttered his way into my heart and home.
I think I have several DVD’s of his cartoons that I like to watch at night when I’m falling off to sleep. He’s great! He can carry his own show and be a side character. I just love this cartoon!
And, are you ready for the number 1 pig as a famous pig?
NUMBER 1 – ME OF COURSE!!
Did you honestly think I would pick anyone else? Snort chuckles.
I like to think that I’m famous. Maybe not anywhere else but here with my friends that I simple love and adore!
Thanks for going down memory lane with me.
XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Babe, bacon, cartoon, Charlotte, Charlotte's Web, comedy, cute, entertainment, Famous, famous pigs, Fern, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, green acres, growing up, happy, Hooterville, humor, Kermit, Love, Maxwell, miniature pot bellied pig, Miss Piggy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, porky pig, priceless, smart, spoiled, trouble, Wilbur
Saturday, April 27, 2013, I was sitting all snuggly with mom on the couch. She was watching crime stories and writing while I was snoring. I got a ding on my i-Pad stating I got a message on my blog here. I immediately woke up because these are very, VERY important to me. When my friends leave messages, I have to check immediately and respond. It’s what I do.
Do you know how surprised and tickled I was that I got a message stating that I got an award! I started snorting so loud that mom stopped writing to see what I was excited about. Then she started snorting! No – PLOL (piggy laughing out loud), she was thrilled too. I am so very, very thankful! This piggy LOVES awards.
My friends over at http://barktime.wordpress.com (Agata, Lilly, Bunk, Ode and Mr Ginger) sent me the Sunshine Award. I can’t say thank you enough for thinking of me. I am so in awe and touched. Big giant hogs and kisses from the Baconator!!!
Here are the rules:
1. Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog letting them know they have been nomimated.
Questions about me – the pig – snort snort
Do I sleep the entire night? Yes, I do. Every since I was 3 weeks old when mom adopted me, I sleep the entire night. I will only wake mommy up if the midnight munchie monster wakes me up.
- What is my favorite television show? Green Acres – what?
- Are pigs dirty? Nope. Just the opposite. This little piggy likes clean.
- Do I like sports? I love sports. I have a long line of ancestors that played in football.
- What is my favorite food/snack? I can’t just pick one. Watermelon, Cheerios or strawberries – yum
- How fast can I type? Well, I’m not as fast as mom because I don’t have fingers. My hooves tend to slow me down. But, I can type faster than some. You know – practice, practice and practice.
- Am I a friendly pig? I am friendly to people but I’m also a little on the shy side with first meeting people. On the other hand, I’m also a one pig person. I love my mommy and I’m very possessive over her.
- Do I get along with the other fur things at the Hotel Thompson? Yep, we all get along. We love to chase and play with other through the halls and rooms.
- What do I have in my que on Netflix? I have all kinds of shows on my Netflix. I love mysteries, crime shows and ghost shows – oh my!
- Do I like to be held? If I jump on the couch and snuggle beside mommy, I love to be gently squeezed and loved on. I don’t particularly like to be picked up anymore. It’s scary for a pig when their hooves don’t touch the floor.
Nominees (it’s hard to pick “just” 10!)
Thanks again for the award!! I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy Monday. XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, awards, bacon, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, games, giant hogs, green acres, growing up, happy, hogs and kisses, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, snuggly, spoiled, Sunshine Award, thankful