I am honored and so well…speechless (which is rare for this little oinker). I have been bestowed the The Imagine Unicorn Award from my friends over at http://evilsquirrelsnest.com. Thank you so very much! I love awards and I love unicorns – what a match for me! In fact, I secretly believe I have an unicorn in my magical back yard that poops the rainbow. Sshh – don’t tell anyone, everyone will want one!
With everything being kind of crazy here at the Hotel Thompson for October, I have my little head deep in research for my 31 Days of Spook and missing mom/dad with their vacation. They gave me this award on Sunday and I just don’t know what to say but thank you!
The Imagine Unicorn Award was created “in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity”. It has six basic rules…. thankfully none of which involve answering any silly questions….
- Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post. – check did that.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post. – check did that.
- List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative). – see below 🙂
- Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination. – see below 🙂
- Notify your nominees. – check will do
- Display The Imagine Award on your blog’s award page. – check did that
There’s a lot that I can say about evilsquirrelsnest. First off, it’s highly original. Who knew that squirrels could be so popular and lovable? We at the Hotel Thompson think about evilsquirrelsnest often…especially with having that pesky Journalist Rocky the Squirrel in our magical backyard always knocking on the door for a cup of nuts – snorts. Bill’s cartoons are a hoot, always makes us smile and even makes us ponder things at times. Whenever daddy is feeling down, he *always* goes to evilsquirrelsnest to make him smile. It’s just the way it is. In fact, I’ve even told some of my skype friends about the nest – it’s a must read. And mom, well she kind of basks in the posts from times of way back when. Snorts – it’s a hoot down memory lane my friends. Thank you so much for the kind gesture of thinking of this little oinker with this award. I’m touched.
My nominees (in no particular order) – please accept my friends 🙂
- Easy at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ His mom and dad remind me a lot about my mom/dad. In fact, I think they are brothers/sisters from a different mother on the other side of the earth – snorts. They are all tossed a little… I think in a good way.
- Chloe at http://freerangecow.com/ Come on – Chloe is a cow that travels and has field trips. It reminds me so much of my Bashful! And Chloe if you’re reading this and you should be – snorts – I didn’t get your email yet 😦 Send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org okay. You KNOW what it’s about.
- Hitchens at http://www.theporkypine.com What? Come on – he’s an oinker like me. You gotta love the originality of another pig and his life – snorts.
- Lori at http://whattheducks.com/ Ducks – that’s right I said it – ducks. And might I add, beautiful pictures and a friend from Sleepy Hollow 😉 winks
- Fozzie at http://dinz1234.wordpress.com/ I absolutely could not have a listing with my pal Fozzie from down under. She always wishes me good night and I try to do her as well. She tells tales of her animals – including gators, lizards oh my! She is a hoot of a friend and we loves her here at the Hotel Thompson. In fact, we love all of our friends so much!!
Enjoy your award my friends – everyone deserves it!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bill Brown, Chloe, comedy, cow, cute, daddy, dinz1234, ducks, easy, easyweimaraner, entertainment, evil squirrel, fozzie, freedom, freerangecow, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hitchens, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, lori, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, spoiled, The Imagine Award, The Imagine Unicorn Award, theporkypine, unicorn, whattheducks
WOW – The Supermoon was the weekend!
I had very high hopes that I would be able to stay up and watch everything. You know to see how that marvelous moon looked and be able to oohh and aaww. Well unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way. I fell asleep in mommy’s lap and didn’t wake up until the next morning. This is highly unusual for me. I didn’t even wake up when mom tucked me into bed that night!
My friend Deborah Boza-Valledor at http://mymiamiminute.wordpress.com/ said that “The SuperMoon has that effect…it has super powers to lull you to sleep or run around like a crazy!” I totally believe her!
My friend Easy at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ had a deal that we were going to stay up and (1) find out if the moon was made from cheese and (2) if the cow actually does jump over the moon. Well, we didn’t find out and we had a strong belief that Werewolves were going to come out.
In fact, if you check out Easy’s blog on Sunday at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/3610/ you will see for a short minute we really believed in werewolves – snorts.
I really, REALLy wanted to see the Supermoon. It’s amazing when you think about looking up at the sky and everyone seeing the same moon – maybe not at the same time but it shows you how small the world is. My friend Sharon at http://gentlestitches.com/ said the same thing. The world is so small!
These gorgeous photographs were taken by a great friend of mom’s by the name of Heather Curtis. Heather lives in Murfreesboro, Tenneessee and took these wonderful pictures. Isn’t she talented! I think one day we are going to see her name in lights as a famous photographer! If you want to see some more of her great work, check her out on Instagram under heathercurtis. Tell her Bacon sent you. Enjoy the pictures my friends – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, cheese, comedy, cow, cute, Deborah Boza-Valledor, easy, easyweimaraner, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, gentlestitches, happy, Heather Curtis, heathercurtis, instagram, June 23, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, moon over miami, mymiamiminute, pet, pets, photography, pig, piglove, play, playful, priceless, Sharon, sleep, smart, spoiled, Supermoon, Weekend, werewolves
My barky friend Easy over at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ ‘tagged’ me on the Tag Game. (Thanks my fellow four legged friend – high five paw/hoove and snout kisses). The tag game is kind of like getting an award without getting an award. I know it sounds complicated but it’s really not. Here’s the formula that I came up with:
No award = answer questions + ask questions = tag more peeps.
Make sense now? pig snorts – I always work better with a visual – 🙂
So here are the rules to the Tag Game –
- Post these rules. √ DONE
- Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you. √ See Below
- Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s photo. √ See Below
- Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them. √ See Below
- Go to their blog and let them know they’ve been ‘tagged’. √
Random Facts About “ME”… the amazing Bacon 🙂
- I’m not really that ‘big’ like you see in the picture above. The couch sits low and the angle of the picture makes it look like I’m ginormous… but I’m not. I weigh a healthy 45 pounds which is really small compared to a regular pig that gets upwards 300 pounds!
- My tail gives me away every.single.time. It’s such a magical item – my tail. When I’m happy, I wag it like no tomorrow. This happens when I eat, when mom calls my name or when I’m playing. When it doesn’t wag and is at half staff – snort – I’m not too happy. When it is at full staff, watch out because I’m fixing to potty – double snort.
- I speak human and mom speaks pig. I know what she means when she tells me to go to my room, get ready for bed, get on the couch, come take a bath, etc. She’s my mom – 🙂 I speak mom 100%
- Do you know how purr things and barky things mark items and get happy by rolling around on the floors? I do the same thing. Mom *always* laughs at me when I do that. She thinks it’s a hoot.
- Just like regular ‘kids’, I have chores. I have to help clean my room and I have to help bring my laundry to the laundry room. And, I have to take care of Bashful – that’s almost a full time job!
- I eat Cheerios for breakfast with my piggy chow every morning. It keeps me heart smart – what? A pig has to watch his heart and cholesterol too.
- I eat a mixed salad every night for dinner with my piggy chow. See, I eat healthy to maintain these handsome figure.
- One of my favorite all time snacks is popcorn. Just the buttery smell of it, the sizzle of the kernels in the oil on the stove and the ‘pop-pop-pop’ sound gets me running from my bedroom all the way to the kitchen at the Hotel Thompson. Mom always shares with me 🙂
- One of my favorite television shows to watch on television is called Wipeout. I LOVE this show. I jump on the couch, snuggle in with mom and watch the entire hour. It’s hilarious! I highly recommend it. I think they need to have a celebrity Wipeout. That would be so much fun! Oh and by the way, it helps that I have a MAJOR piggy crush on Jill Wagner – hubba hubba
- My Netflix account has a lot of ‘Who Done It” shows in the que. I love watching them as well on the ID channel (Investigative Discovery). It’s kind of like the old game Clue. I like to try to figure out who the culprit is before the end of the show. Sometimes I do – sometimes I don’t.
- My favorite gameshow to watch on television is a tie between Jeopardy with Alex Trebek and Family Feud with Steve Harvey. They keep me on my toes. Of course, that is a post on its own for the very near future 🙂
Questions Asked of Me –
- What’s the worst thing you had to eat? This is easy – kumquats – the most vile thing in the world! Supposedly in theory, they have a sweet skin that you eat as well as a tart pulp. Most pigs like them – I detest them. Mom so wishes she could have gotten a picture of my face when I bit into one that she gave me. My ears twitched up and she swears I made a face. It was disgusting. It’s the only thing that I have turned away food wise. Amazing, huh?
- Do you like TV commercials? I love television commercials – especially from my buddy Maxwell. You know the famous man pig that does the Geico commercials. He is a happening dude my friends!
- Have you ever wrote a love letter to a celebrity? Piggy blushes. Yes I did. I once wrote Miss Piggy a love letter telling her about my unswaying love for her. She never replied and ran off with that amphibian that calls himself Kermit. Love is so fickle my friends.
- What’s your favorite movie? Don’t hate me when I say this but Muppet Twilight. Mom got all worked up over the Twilight series and I thought this was way better. Right?
- Do you like car driving by night? I don’t personally drive but mom does. She *hates* driving at night. And well, I don’t really like going out with her at night because you see pigs have really bad vision to begin with. That and darkness doesn’t match. And okay, I’m a little – LITTLE – afraid of the dark. ssshh – don’t tell anyone.
- What’s your favorite ice cream? I prefer any ice cream, maybe strawberry wins top notch. Bashful likes the rocky road ice cream.
- What’s the first thing you do in the morning? I have to wizzy first thing in the morning – doesn’t everyone?
- Did you have posters on your wall as you were a teenager? Which ones? I have posters of Miss Piggy, Angry Birds, Three Little Pigs, etc on my walls. Did you know when mom was a teenager she had a picture of King Tut on her wall?! Can you believe that? How nerdy was that?
- Can you play a musical instrument? Which one? Mom says I play the tuba when I eat too much cabbage. I’m not sure what she means by that.
- If you were a teenager, would you join in casting shows? I would love to be casted in a television show as well myself. I think I could bring a lot of comedy to the show. Don’t you think?
- Do you prefer to listen to music, watching television or nothing to fall asleep? Usually mom tucks me in, sometimes she reads me a story or we watch a quick cartoon together. Most of the time, I drift off asleep while she reads.
My Questions for My New Tags –
- What was the last movie you watched?
- What is your favorite game show on television?
- Small house vs. big house – which do you prefer?
- Mountains or beach – which do you prefer?
- Are you more of a day person or a night person?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- Why is that (#6) your favorite day of the week?
- What is your favorite snack?
- What was your favorite show to watch as a teenager?
- Do you have chores?
- If so (#10), what kind?
My Tags – have fun my friends! I hope you decide to play –
Tags: adventure, Alex Trebek, animal, appreciation, bacon, barky, breakfast, cats, celebrity, cheerios, cholesterol, chores, Chow, comedy, cute, dinner, dogs, easy, easyweimaraner, entertainment, Family Feud, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, healthy, heart, heart smart, Hotel Thompson, human, humor, ID, Investigative Discovery, Jeopardy, Jill Wagner, language, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Netflix, pet, pets, pig, piggy chow, play, playful, popcorn, potty, priceless, purr things, que, salad, smart, spoiled, Steve Harvey, tag, Tag Game, tail, Wipeout
Thanks to my wonderful friend Easy Rider and his staff at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ for stepping in to help me with a wonderful special edition of Dear Bacon. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did over here at piglove. Their sense of humor reminds us of someone – we just can’t put our snout on it. Enjoy and don’t forget to step over and say hey to Easy Rider – XOXO – Bacon
I’m a boffin and I tried to finish the problem of the humans, if they like more dogs or cats, with creating one animal who has the best features of both. Would you think that this could be the perfect pet?
Congratulations Dear Friend,
You just invented the Felicanis or Canifelis. I think that’s brilliant in theory. In practice, you created an animal who will be chasing itself the whole time. That could be exhausting. But I like avant-garde ideas, so please let me know when you’ve caught each other.
I’m a Royal Corgi and I have a problem to manage the succession of the throne with my litter of six. I’m afraid I could adversely affect some of my kids. Do you have a solution?
Dear Royal Corgi,
Of course HRM I have one. What’s with democracy? In this case all would get the same (nothing) and no one would be in advance. Otherwise every one of your kids could be king for one day of the week and for the 7th day your kingdom could be governless. That makes sure that all of your kids have a lot to do with the elimination of the 7th-day damage during the week and no one never would have a dull moment.
I’m Dr. Scrub, a beauty surgeon who is always busy at Nap&Muck Inc. Unfortunately, I overslept this morning and was in a hurry to go to work. I jumped in my pants but I must been drowsy because now I’m hanging around here. What’s happened?
Dear Dr. Scrub,
That’s easy to explain. You were just jumping in your pants while they were hanging on the clothesline. Please make sure that you remove the pegs before wearing your clothes next time.
I’m Tray the pup and I have a problem with my humans. When we take a ride in the car I always have to sit in this embarrassing place. What’s wrong with my bipeds? How can I get a better place in the car?
The humanoid brain (rarely occured) acts up to this rule: “A place for everything and everything on it’s place.” For this, I’m glad your surname isn’t “Ash”. I think to get a better place you have to change your name. But choose your name wise and with consideration. “Tank” or “Slick” is not really an option.
I’m Joker the comedian. I’ve tried to pimp up my myself at Nap&Muck with Botox-injections. The surgeon, Dr.Scrub, failed and refused to give me back my money. I wish someone would hang this guy! Now my facial features are frozen and I’m afraid I’m unfit for work. Or have you ever seen a comedian who wasn’t able to laugh about his own jokes?
To be honest, No. But cheer up! You could start a new career as a professional gambler, because now you are poker-faced and I know some people hold a life time to get it. And if you ask me, the most poker games are always just comedy. And your name is perfect for a Gambler too. As regards for your wish I can tell you good news, it came true.
Tags: adventure, animal, bacon, comedy, Corki, cute, Dear Abby, Dear Bacon, devil, dog, dogs, Easy Rider, easyweimaraner, easyweimaraner.wordpress.com, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, humor, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, sleep, smart, spoiled, trouble