My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.This month we are focusing on items for the vegetarians – fruits and vegetables. Special thanks to Corkscot for the suggestion this month.
Items priced this month – Prices in Georgia USA:
- Apples – Mommy goes to Sam’s Warehouse to get a huge bag of Granny Smith (my favorites) for $4.99 a bag. There’s about 15 HUGE apples in this bag. Which is good because I get a 1/2 of sliced apple before bedtime every night 🙂 It’s my bedtime snack.
- Strawberries – If we are lucky, our store puts 16 ounces packages of huge strawberries on sale for $2.50 a package. During the peak season, we go the strawberry patch. We can get a HUGE basket that we pick… and of course I sample… for $8.00
- Carrots – Mommy buys me the 16 ounce bag that are cut/peeled baby carrots. I live off of these! She gets them for $0.99 a bag – sometimes on sale she can get them two bags for $1.00 🙂
- Green Beans – Fresh are so yummy! We get them here in season for $0.99 a pound.
- Lettuce – We have been buying lettuce for a while now for $0.99 a head. Sometimes they are HUGE and well worth it and other times they are small and only makes a couple of meals for us. That’s right I said ‘us’. I get a salad for dinner every night with mom.
- Random Fruit of your choice. Seedless grapes. Smacking my piggy lips now. I ❤ it when mom pops them in the freezer and then gives them to me as a treat. Piggy heaven!
- Random Vegetable of your choice. Corn on the Cob – can you say delicious!? On sale, we can get three ears for $1.00. This is a great deal. She shucks them, wraps them in aluminum foil, sprays them with butter and throws them on the grill, in the oven or in the crock pot. My mouth is watering just thinking about how juicy they are!
If you have some items that you want to get on the list, email me at email@example.com
Hope you had fun!!