Squeals with piggy excitement!! OMP – I got nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by my sweet friends over at Ladybuggz. What a fantastic way to end the month. Thank you my sweet friends for thinking of this little oinker and his group of misfit friends
Be sure to check out Ladybuggz when you get a chance and tell them that Bacon sent you.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
The rules are as follows:
- Post to accept the nomination
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Link to the blogs you nominate.
- Notify the recipients of their award.
- Post the rules!
Here are seven things about me:
- I’m a miniature pot belly oinker. But I’m not just any oinker. I’m talented, write a blog, have my own bedroom with my own television and have my mom wrapped around my hooves right where I need her.
- For years, I wouldn’t go outside to potty because I didn’t like the feel of grass on my hooves. Nowadays, I’ve gotten used to it although I still hate going outside in the heat.
- My favorite snack is Animal Crackers. I will do anything you want for a few cookies. Darn this pot belly of mine!
- I have a pet rock named Bashful who travels the world and brings home friends each time he returns. They also live in my bedroom and can be quite loud at times. Don’t let them fool you. They are party animals and love to play hide and go seek.
- I love to watch television. I especially like the old school cartoons. You know the ones like the original Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons – you know the good toons before they went crazy. Mom can turn my television on and I will watch for horrors.
- There is only food at this time that I absolutely can not stand. What is it? It is kumquats. Yucky. Pooey. Gross. Mom gave me one and one of my ears went south and the other went north at the same time. I spit it out and will not eat them. In fact, I told mom to try one. Do you know her ears did the same thing? Snorts with piggy laughter.
- Have you ever heard of cow tipping? Well mom says that she likes to pig tip me. Rolls my piggy eyes. There’s one spot on my side that mom can rub and boom – there I go. I tip over, kick my hind legs and let mom rub my belly. What can I say? I’m easy like that.
Of course, I would like to nominate anyone that doesn’t have this award yet. If you don’t have it, please feel free to accept this award from my piggy heart. Other than that, here are my choices:
My awesome friends Kali and Shoko from Canadian Cats
My brother Easy
My buddies Hailey and Zaphod at the Hailey/Zaphod Chronicles
The Gang at Jan’s Funny Farm
My cousin Sammy at OneSpoiledCat
My nefkitty Purrince Siddhartha Henry
The dear friends Sam and Elsa at Tailsaroundtheranch
Tags: adventure, animal, animal crackers, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bad, Bashful, blog, blog award, cartoons, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, grass, growing up, happy, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, kumquats, Love, Lovely Blog Award, miniature pot bellied pig, miniature pot belly, Mom, mommy, nature, oinker, One Lovely Blog Award, Outside, pet, Pet Rock, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Scooby Doo, smart, snorts, spoiled, television, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, travels, trouble
There we were this past weekend, errands were taken care of and mom and dad finally were resting in the living room. There wasn’t anything “good” on television so they decided to watch the cartoon channel. Yes I’m glad to report that they are not that old yet – snorts with piggy laughter.
So they were watching their cartoons, laughing and acting like two year olds. They started talking about Saturday morning cartoons and what they used to watch on television. That made us all think. What were some of your favorite cartoons while you were growing up?
Mom and dads were: Scooby Doo (mom still loves this show today), the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Thundercats, the Looney Tunes, the Huckleberry Hound Show, Yogi Bear, Jonny Quest, Speed Racer, Hong Kong Phooey and Jabber Jaw.
Do you remember these? What were your favorites?
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, cartoons, child, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, flintstones, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, hong Kong phooey, Hotel Thompson, Huckleberry Hound Show, jabber jaw, Jetsons, jonny quest, kid, looney tunes, Love, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Saturday, Scooby Doo, smart, snorts, speed racer, spoiled, trouble, Weekend, yogi bear
Well, I’ve started my morning off the right way. I put my cartoon DVD in and set the timer to come on this morning to wake me up. Mom even got me some of my favorite seasonal cereals. Today is spook blast from the past. Let me introduce you to some new friends the I’ve met:
Fruity Yummy Mummy
Do you know these guys too? Mommy says they only come out during this time of the year in October. Mommy got all four for me to try. I have to admit that daddy did some encouraging as well. He told mommy they were for ‘educational’ purposes for me. Way to go dad! Don’t forget to try some before they disappear!
Tags: 31 Days of Spook, adventure, animal, bacon, Boo Berry, breakfast, cartoons, cereal, comedy, Count Chocula, cute, daddy, eat, educational, entertainment, Food, Friends, Fruit Brute, Fruity Yummy Mummy, fun, ghost, ghosts, horror, Hotel Thompson, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, normal, pet, playful, priceless, scary, seasonal, spook, spooky, Weekend
Snorts! I was on mom’s Facebook account this past week and found this from a poster on My Sweet Parade. They had written this information and when I showed it to mom and dad, they just nodded their heads, laughed and then got that glazed look in their faces like they do sometimes. Can you relate to this too?
Tags: adventure, airbags, animal, appreciation, Atari, bacon, Captain Kangaroo, cars, cartoons, cassette tapes, cell phones, comedy, computers, cute, daddy, entertainment, facebook, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, generation, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, internet, ipods, kidnapping, Looney Toons, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Nintendo, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, radio, seatbelts, smart, snorts, Songs, spoiled, Tom and Jerry, trouble, Twitter, VCR, video games, Weekend
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
I can admit that my life here at the Hotel Thompson *might* be a little privileged – just a bit. I like a little structure in my life. When it’s time for me to go to bed at night, mommy tells me to go get ready for sleepy time. I go do my ‘business’ and then climb into my toddler bed in my bedroom.
Mom then comes in to my bedroom and tucks me into my bed with my favorite Egyptian cotton sheet. She then reads me a bedtime story or we watch a short cartoon on my television. Mommy usually leaves the room once I’m asleep…. like this picture.
She often wonders what I’m dreaming about with this look of peace and happiness on my face. It could be that I know I’m loved. It could be that I’m just happy. It could be that I know I’m a little spoiled. It could be that I’m dreaming of my girlfriend.. Nylablue.
What makes you happy and brings a smile to your face my friends?
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, baby, bacon, bed, bedtime, cartoons, comedy, comfy, cute, dreaming, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Nylablue, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, sleep, sleepy, smart, spoiled, story, trouble
Remember way back when you used to get up to watch the cartoons on Saturday mornings while you’re parents slept? Nah? Shakes piggy head. I don’t remember either – snorts. I just hear mommy and daddy say that a lot around the Hotel Thompson. There’s no cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore. AND, the Cartoon Network doesn’t show any good cartoons anymore. Am I right?
So, in honor of the old Saturday morning cartoons – I’m going to attempt to make you chuckle and smile with some jokes. Are you ready for this? Here we go:
I saw two dogs walk over to a parking meter. One said to the other, “How do you like that? Pay toilets.”
What is the scariest type of dinosaur? A Terror-dactyle
Why did the turtle cross the road? To get to the shell station!
What do you call a blind dinosaur? A Thoughtusawus.
Two caged circus lions break free and corner a clown in his dressing room. One lion says to the other, “Forget it, those things taste funny.”
PLOL (Pig Laughing out Loud). I hope these gave you a chuckle. I know they did me.
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, cartoons, chuckle, clowns, comedy, cute, daddy, dogs, entertainment, Friends, fun, funny, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, jokes, laugh, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Saturday, smart, turtles, Weekend
Well, the good news is that mommy is feeling better and not so much sick anymore. The bad news is that daddy now has it. What do they say about a family that shares together stays together? LOL
Mom went on to work this morning and left me with strict instructions about the day. I was to leave daddy and the purr things alone. Keep to myself, try to stay in my room, keep the noise level down and watch television. So, I have cartoons on the television. I’m trying to keep it quiet.
Does snorting count? Because you know well that comes natural and everything. And the belly grumbling, does that count? Because you know I’m a pig and I got hungry a lot.
Mom said she hid treats throughout my room. That’s a good thing. I just hope she knows what she’s doing because my room is going to be a mess when she gets home from me looking every where. Grin. And what about dad being noisy? I hear him snoring all the way in my room. What about being quiet for me? I’m not sure if she had that talk with him or not.
And she said not to pick on the cats but did she have that same conversation with the purr things? Because, well Hemi is taking his paw and swatting at me from under my bedroom door. If he doesn’t stop, I’m going to tell mom.
Wait a minute, I smell something… be right back in search of it in my room.
YAY – I found an animal cracker. Bless mom’s heart. Where was I…? Oh yeah, Hemi. He’s such a trouble maker. And what about Mouse Girl? She’s standing in the hallway singing. Isn’t that going to wake up daddy? OOOHHH, Scooby Doo is coming on now. Gotta go. Ya’ll take care.
Tags: adventure, bacon, cartoons, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, humor, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, sick, spoiled, television