OMP (oh my pig!)
I entered Evil Squirrel’s contest to win a hand drawn artwork for Christmas. Every day for the past week, I’ve been going to the mailbox at the end of the drive to wait on the post man. The first couple of days I met him, he jumped pretty high when he first saw me. Maybe it was the snorting? Maybe it was the fact that I was hiding behind a bush when he rolled up and jumped out at him? I’m not really sure. But since our acquaintance, we have been meeting daily for Christmas cards. I think he’s getting used to me now.
Well yesterday, I finally got my card – squeals! I just *know* it will be worth a million catrillion dollars one day! I’m such a lucky pig! So friends, be sure to check out the other cards that were sent here. And Evil Squirrel – you are the best – I have a piggy crush for sure!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, Bill Brown, card, Christmas, christmas card, comedy, contest, cute, drawing, entertainment, evil squirrel, Famous, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, Holiday, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, Love, mail, Mailman, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, picture, pig, play, playful, post office, priceless, smart, snorts, spoiled, squirrel, trouble
I am honored and so well…speechless (which is rare for this little oinker). I have been bestowed the The Imagine Unicorn Award from my friends over at http://evilsquirrelsnest.com. Thank you so very much! I love awards and I love unicorns – what a match for me! In fact, I secretly believe I have an unicorn in my magical back yard that poops the rainbow. Sshh – don’t tell anyone, everyone will want one!
With everything being kind of crazy here at the Hotel Thompson for October, I have my little head deep in research for my 31 Days of Spook and missing mom/dad with their vacation. They gave me this award on Sunday and I just don’t know what to say but thank you!
The Imagine Unicorn Award was created “in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity”. It has six basic rules…. thankfully none of which involve answering any silly questions….
- Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post. – check did that.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post. – check did that.
- List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative). – see below 🙂
- Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination. – see below 🙂
- Notify your nominees. – check will do
- Display The Imagine Award on your blog’s award page. – check did that
There’s a lot that I can say about evilsquirrelsnest. First off, it’s highly original. Who knew that squirrels could be so popular and lovable? We at the Hotel Thompson think about evilsquirrelsnest often…especially with having that pesky Journalist Rocky the Squirrel in our magical backyard always knocking on the door for a cup of nuts – snorts. Bill’s cartoons are a hoot, always makes us smile and even makes us ponder things at times. Whenever daddy is feeling down, he *always* goes to evilsquirrelsnest to make him smile. It’s just the way it is. In fact, I’ve even told some of my skype friends about the nest – it’s a must read. And mom, well she kind of basks in the posts from times of way back when. Snorts – it’s a hoot down memory lane my friends. Thank you so much for the kind gesture of thinking of this little oinker with this award. I’m touched.
My nominees (in no particular order) – please accept my friends 🙂
- Easy at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ His mom and dad remind me a lot about my mom/dad. In fact, I think they are brothers/sisters from a different mother on the other side of the earth – snorts. They are all tossed a little… I think in a good way.
- Chloe at http://freerangecow.com/ Come on – Chloe is a cow that travels and has field trips. It reminds me so much of my Bashful! And Chloe if you’re reading this and you should be – snorts – I didn’t get your email yet 😦 Send it to me at email@example.com okay. You KNOW what it’s about.
- Hitchens at http://www.theporkypine.com What? Come on – he’s an oinker like me. You gotta love the originality of another pig and his life – snorts.
- Lori at http://whattheducks.com/ Ducks – that’s right I said it – ducks. And might I add, beautiful pictures and a friend from Sleepy Hollow 😉 winks
- Fozzie at http://dinz1234.wordpress.com/ I absolutely could not have a listing with my pal Fozzie from down under. She always wishes me good night and I try to do her as well. She tells tales of her animals – including gators, lizards oh my! She is a hoot of a friend and we loves her here at the Hotel Thompson. In fact, we love all of our friends so much!!
Enjoy your award my friends – everyone deserves it!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bill Brown, Chloe, comedy, cow, cute, daddy, dinz1234, ducks, easy, easyweimaraner, entertainment, evil squirrel, fozzie, freedom, freerangecow, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hitchens, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, lori, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, spoiled, The Imagine Award, The Imagine Unicorn Award, theporkypine, unicorn, whattheducks
I am very, very honored to have received the WordPress Family Award from my great friend Christina at www.peacelovenwhiskers.com
This little oinker gets so excited over receiving awards. My tail has been non-stop wagging since reading about it this morning. I told dad and he got so excited – I thought he was going to start shaking his tail too! We both called mommy at the worky place and gave her the great news. I could feel the vibration of her tail wagging all the way over the telephone line!
Thank you so much my friend for thinking of me – much love!
The rules are very simple –
- Display the award logo on your blog – HOOVE CHECK
- Link back to the person who nominated you – HOOVE CHECK – see above
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family – HOOVE CHECK – see below
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them – HOOVE CHECK
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
It’s so hard to pick just 10 friends – I would love to pick them all because they all mean so much to me! I give all of their blogs two hooves up – I’d give them four but I would fall over – snort. So, let me see if I can narrow it down just a bit here:
- http://promethios.wordpress.com/ This is my friend Leo’s blog. He has beautiful pictures on his blog and posts just about everything. He has a great sense of humor like me! He even has a friend in his life – a pig named Alice – that he talks to me and mommy about. His bond with Alice is like mine and mom’s. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://evilsquirrelsnest.com/ This blog is hilarious! My friend Bill draws editions of Evil Squirrel’s Nest and his buddies. Mom compares it to comic books that she used to buy as a child. I can get my fix here on line from my friend. There about well everything. He even created a pigladillo the other day – you know that got this oinkers attention – snort. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com/ This is wonderful! She makes you laugh. She makes you think. She ocassionally makes you cry with deep thoughts. I’ve grown close to reading this blog daily.
- http://screechandsquawk.wordpress.com/ My wonderful bird friends Basil, Manuel and Stephie. Lots of pictures – which is good thing for this visual piggy – with lots of cute bubble words. Snort – always makes me laugh – ALWAYS.
- http://cybergazing.wordpress.com Wendy is great in keeping me up to date about everything and anything going on in the world. If it wasn’t for her blog, I would be as hip as I am about things. Sometimes *I* tell mom and dad things before they even know about it because of Wendy. Yep, she is that kind of happening chick!
- http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ Easy Rider – snort – he is a dog after my own heart. If I was a dog, I would be him. We are four legged brothers with both of us having a wicked sense of humor. The other day he posted about coming through customs at his house. I was laughing so hard I woke up Bashful from his nap. It was hilarious!
- http://mykunekunes.wordpress.com/ Oh my friend Annette – she has Kunekune pigs! And, they are fixing to have babies!! You know I have a special place in my heart for my kind. She has a pig Truffles that I abolustely LOVE. I so can’t wait to see the babies and read more about her baby boom!!http://machomojave.wordpress.com/ This is about Katie and she is a horse. In fact, I think she was the first horse I met here. She has beautiful hair. In fact, she even gave some advice on how to have such beautiful hair – you gotta read all about it.
- http://scottiechronicles.com/ They’re on vacation right now but will be back next week. I love adventures as much as the next person and they keep me on my toes with theirs!
- http://jbranchohio.wordpress.com I think I met my future wife here – snort. Piper Ann – the prettiest little pink piggy I’ve ever put my eyes on… well since Miss Piggy.
So, don’t walk – run over to see these wonderful inspiring blogs. I’m glad I got to know them and have them as a part of my life. Tell them that Bacon sent you 🙂
Thanks again to www.peacelovenwhiskers.com for the nomination. You are a dear, dear friend!
Tags: adventure, Alice, animal, appreciation, Award, award logo, awards, bacon, Basil, Bill Brown, Easy Rider, entertainment, evil squirrel, freedom, Friends, growing up, happy, hooves, horse, Katie, Leo, Love, Manuel, margdrag, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, oinker, peace, pet, pets, Piper Ann, playful, priceless, promethios, Scottie Chronicles, smart, squirrel, Stephie, Wendy, whiskers, Wordpress, Wordpress Family Award