SQUEAL!! This little oinker was privileged to receive this Wonderful Team Member Readership Award from my sweet friend Shrimp . Shrimp is an awesome purr thing. You *have* to go check his blog out and tell him Bacon sent you. I LOVE awards. You can’t see me but I’m doing the happy oinker dance right now in my room in between typing on my keyboard. I’m so excited!! Thank you pal so very much!!
The rules of this award is to link back and nominate 14 bloggers. It’s very hard to do this because personally I think everyone deserves this award! In fact, if you don’t have this award please accept it my friends. Share and share alike!
Thank you again sweet Shrimp. I really appreciate the award!! And if any of my nominees don’t do the awards – that’s fine. Just know that all of my friends are LOVED by this little oinker!!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Basil, Billy, blog, buddy, Cocco, comedy, cupcake, cute, Denny, ducks, Dusty, easy, Eko, entertainment, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, humor, Katie, lori, Love, Member, miniature pot bellied pig, Mop, Mumsy, Nacho, Nikita, noah, nominees, Nylablue, pet, pets, pig, Pigsqueak, playful, priceless, Readership, Reilly, Sammy, shrimp, team, Will, Wonderful, Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
This week we have a wonderful special edition of Dear Bacon. This week, our piggy friends Nacho, Noah, Buddy and Basil are stepping in to answer some letters. We are so excited for their help! Give them your attention and be sure to reach out to them about a great job they did this week!
Dear Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil,
This is just me and my boys hanging out at the corner. We like to wear shades so the girls can’t see us checking them out. Do you have any more ideas on how to pick up chicks? Signed Three Amigos
Hola Amigos! Whee piggies are experts when it comes to ladypigs . . . erm ladypets. The trick is to tell them how bootiful they are. Simple as that. Before you know it they will be queuing round the block for a piece of you! Those shades look PAWesome and slightly bad boy. All girls love a bad boy. The Four Brochachos ~ Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
Dear Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil,
Finally spring is here! Time to get out my little ice cream picnic table and enjoy some afternoon treats. But I have to ask. Does that cone make my snout look big? Signed Hooked on Ben and Jerry
Hey there Hooked on Ben and Jerry’s – That pignic table looks super cute and I love the little parasol. I’m glad you ask about concerns about the way you look in pigtures because that’s something so many pets are going to worry about this Summer. With the PAWparrazzi round efurry corner it’s easy to find yourself in unflattering positions. However I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about with having such a great figure. The impawtent thing is to pretend the camera isn’t there. You are FABULOUS and don’t you forget it fellow piggy! Believe me – I’m Buddy
Dear Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil,
If it fits, you must sits. I was only going to close my eyes for a few moments. Next thing you knew, I was in dreamland express. Where’s the weirdest place you ever fell asleep? Signed Boxcar Puppy
Hiya Boxcar Puppy – You look furry cute all sleepy there. The weirdest place I’ve ever fallen asleep. Hmmm, it would have to be the time when I climbed in the fruit bowl when Mummy’s back was turned. One minute I was on the little cushion on her lap, next I was on the table and by the time she turned I was curled up and napping in the nectarines! Good times furfriend, good times. Sweet dreams – No Napping Nacho
Dear Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil,
My dad keeps telling the most childish jokes. Really. He needs to give up his desire of being a comedian. This is the only look I can muster these days. Any more suggestions for me? Signed Tired of Faking It
Yo Tired of Faking It – Hearing you loud and clear there furfriend. You wouldn’t believe the jokes whee have in our house. I have found that a loud squeak or jumping off something and making lots of noise and mess during the punchline is a good way to stop these comedy dreams! Noisily Not Laughing Noah
Dear Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil,
Don’t let this cute, teacup size bunny fool you. It doesn’t matter how big the bun bun is in the fight but how much fight is in the bun bun. Inside I’m a jaguar waiting to pounce. Whistle. Get back and be afraid. How much fight do you have? Signed Splitting Hare
Wassup Splitting Hare – I am the same. Mummy says the biggest things come in the smallest packages because my massive pigsonality is overwhelming! Mummy calls me a git but I like to think I’m just feisty. Either way I get MY way and that’s what matters. Any time you need a sparring partner shout for me. Fight on Furfriend – Unbeatable Basil
Thank you so much to Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil for this weeks special edition. We appreciate it so very much!!
Remember friends – Dear Bacon can’t happen without your help. Please continue to send your questions/pictures to me at email@example.com
Tags: adventure, advice, advice column, animal, animals, anipals, appreciation, bacon, Basil, Ben and Jerry's, buddy, bunny, cats, comedy, cute, daddy, Dear Abby, Dear Bacon, dog, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, guest apperance, guinea pigs, happy, Hutch a Life, ice cream, kitten, kitty, ladies, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, Nacho, noah, pet, pets, Pictures, pig, piggy, piglet, play, playful, priceless, puppy, smart, special, spoiled
There is *nothing* like starting your day off with receiving an award from a friend! This Friday the 13th is staring off fabulous for this little oinker. My tail is wagging so fast – mommy says that she can almost see me taking off from the speed of the wag – snorts – silly mommy.
This morning my friends (Basil, Buddy, Noah and Nacho) at http://hutchagoodlife.wordpress.com granted me the Sunshine Award. What a delightful award on this cold-fixing-to-rain-kind-of Friday. It’s really funny that they thought of another song when posting their award – “Ain’t no sunshine when she gone…” My first thoughts are:
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don’t take my sunshine away
This is how *I* feel about all of my friends here in blogville. I love you all more than you know!
The rules of the Sunshine Award are:
1) Use the logo above in the post. √
2) Link to whoever nominated you. √
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself. √
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.” √
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award. √
Ten Facts About *ME* 🙂
- My favorite movie to watch is Charlotte’s Web. I will watch it intently. In fact, I made mommy watch it with me this week. She cried like there was no tomorrow. I snuggled her at the same time.
- I have chores at the Hotel Thompson. Can you believe the humans have cheap labor? I help my daddy drag my dirty things to the laundry room on wash day. And I help mommy put all of my toys in my toy chest in my bedroom.
- I have a king sized Egyptian cotton sheet that is all mine. 🙂 I drag it around the house, play with it and sleep with it. It’s kind of like my security blanket. I “borrowed” it from mommy one day. She saw how much I loved it and told me I could have it. Isn’t she the best!
- The worst thing that I do? – snorts. I step on my mom/dad’s feet with my hooves. I really don’t do it on purpose. But man, do they make some neat moves dancing around when I accidentally do it.
- I watch a lot of paranormal shows with my mommy. Secretly I think I would be a great ghost pig investigator in search of the unknown. Really, I just need my shot!
- I type about 25 hpm (hooves per minute). My time is increasing every month!
- There is only one food that I don’t much care for. I’ll eat it but it’s not my favorite. In fact, the first time I had it, I do believe one ear went in one direction and the other ear went in the opposite direction. What was the food? Kumquats – sweet/sour combined.
- My nana once pigsat me while mom/dad went out of town for THREE days. When they came back home, I had ate so much at nana’s that I couldn’t even squeak!
- At night, mom has to put my remote control for my television in my bedroom up on my book shelf. If not, I will find it, turn on the television in the middle of the night and watch it.
- I love bananas. Once, mommy was holding one and wasn’t thinking about me being in the room. I tried to climb up her bare legs to get to the banana. Oops – I left some treadmarks on her long legs too. But on the other hoof, I got the banana 🙂
My ten nominees (no particular order):
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bad, bananas, Basil, buddy, Charlotte's Web, chores, comedy, cute, daddy, Dear, entertainment, facts, feet, Food, freedom, Friday, Friday 13th, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humans, humor, hutchagoodlife, information, kumquats, logo, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, movie, Nacho, noah, nominees, oinker, paranormal, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, rain, remote, sleep, smart, song, spoiled, squeak, squeal, sunshine, Sunshine Award, television, trouble
Michelle Marie at http://michellemarieantellg.wordpress.com/2013/07/27/coach-mullers-awards-and-nominations/comment-page-1/#comment-7188 gave me this Loyal Reader Award over the weekend. I am so excited! I appreciate her so much not only for giving me this award but for her inspiring positive posts that she does. This little oinker is secretly in love with her!
Here are the rules to The Loyal Reader Award:
1. Display this award on your blog. – Check
2. Thank the person who sent it to you. – Check
3. Answer a rhetorical question of the authors choosing. – Check
4. Send on the award to everyone you consider a loyal reader. – THIS is hard. I consider all of my friends loyal readers to this piglet. You support me in so many ways, you listen to my ramblings, we laugh together and we grow together. It’s really hard to pick just a few. I will try and pick a few here. I don’t want to leave out anyone and that’s the hardest part. So even if you are not listed, you are a loyal reader and please take this award! Thanks my friends!
The Question: If I am a tree, will I become a book or furniture?
My Answer: I think I would become furniture… most particularly a bed. A bed is where people spend most of their time when home, all snuggled up, comfortable in dream land. I would be a bed that brings you nothing but sunshine dreams with wonderful memories.
Easy at http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/
Sharon at http://gentlestitches.com/
Misaki at http://themisadventuresofmisaki.wordpress.com/
Janet at http://thedancingrider.wordpress.com/
Harper Lee at http://thek9harperlee.wordpress.com/
Celeste at http://honkifyourevegan.com/
Lori at http://whattheducks.com/
Basil at http://harringtonspetfood.wordpress.com/
Bill at http://evilsquirrelsnest.com/
Bev at http://dinz1234.com/
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Basil, bill, celeste, deborah, easy, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, games, growing up, happy, harper lee, humor, lori, Love, Loyal Reader, Loyal Reader Award, miniature pot bellied pig, misaki, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Sharon
I am very, very honored to have received the WordPress Family Award from my great friend Christina at www.peacelovenwhiskers.com
This little oinker gets so excited over receiving awards. My tail has been non-stop wagging since reading about it this morning. I told dad and he got so excited – I thought he was going to start shaking his tail too! We both called mommy at the worky place and gave her the great news. I could feel the vibration of her tail wagging all the way over the telephone line!
Thank you so much my friend for thinking of me – much love!
The rules are very simple –
- Display the award logo on your blog – HOOVE CHECK
- Link back to the person who nominated you – HOOVE CHECK – see above
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family – HOOVE CHECK – see below
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them – HOOVE CHECK
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
It’s so hard to pick just 10 friends – I would love to pick them all because they all mean so much to me! I give all of their blogs two hooves up – I’d give them four but I would fall over – snort. So, let me see if I can narrow it down just a bit here:
- http://promethios.wordpress.com/ This is my friend Leo’s blog. He has beautiful pictures on his blog and posts just about everything. He has a great sense of humor like me! He even has a friend in his life – a pig named Alice – that he talks to me and mommy about. His bond with Alice is like mine and mom’s. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://evilsquirrelsnest.com/ This blog is hilarious! My friend Bill draws editions of Evil Squirrel’s Nest and his buddies. Mom compares it to comic books that she used to buy as a child. I can get my fix here on line from my friend. There about well everything. He even created a pigladillo the other day – you know that got this oinkers attention – snort. You should check him out – send him Bacon sent you!
- http://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com/ This is wonderful! She makes you laugh. She makes you think. She ocassionally makes you cry with deep thoughts. I’ve grown close to reading this blog daily.
- http://screechandsquawk.wordpress.com/ My wonderful bird friends Basil, Manuel and Stephie. Lots of pictures – which is good thing for this visual piggy – with lots of cute bubble words. Snort – always makes me laugh – ALWAYS.
- http://cybergazing.wordpress.com Wendy is great in keeping me up to date about everything and anything going on in the world. If it wasn’t for her blog, I would be as hip as I am about things. Sometimes *I* tell mom and dad things before they even know about it because of Wendy. Yep, she is that kind of happening chick!
- http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ Easy Rider – snort – he is a dog after my own heart. If I was a dog, I would be him. We are four legged brothers with both of us having a wicked sense of humor. The other day he posted about coming through customs at his house. I was laughing so hard I woke up Bashful from his nap. It was hilarious!
- http://mykunekunes.wordpress.com/ Oh my friend Annette – she has Kunekune pigs! And, they are fixing to have babies!! You know I have a special place in my heart for my kind. She has a pig Truffles that I abolustely LOVE. I so can’t wait to see the babies and read more about her baby boom!!http://machomojave.wordpress.com/ This is about Katie and she is a horse. In fact, I think she was the first horse I met here. She has beautiful hair. In fact, she even gave some advice on how to have such beautiful hair – you gotta read all about it.
- http://scottiechronicles.com/ They’re on vacation right now but will be back next week. I love adventures as much as the next person and they keep me on my toes with theirs!
- http://jbranchohio.wordpress.com I think I met my future wife here – snort. Piper Ann – the prettiest little pink piggy I’ve ever put my eyes on… well since Miss Piggy.
So, don’t walk – run over to see these wonderful inspiring blogs. I’m glad I got to know them and have them as a part of my life. Tell them that Bacon sent you 🙂
Thanks again to www.peacelovenwhiskers.com for the nomination. You are a dear, dear friend!
Tags: adventure, Alice, animal, appreciation, Award, award logo, awards, bacon, Basil, Bill Brown, Easy Rider, entertainment, evil squirrel, freedom, Friends, growing up, happy, hooves, horse, Katie, Leo, Love, Manuel, margdrag, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, oinker, peace, pet, pets, Piper Ann, playful, priceless, promethios, Scottie Chronicles, smart, squirrel, Stephie, Wendy, whiskers, Wordpress, Wordpress Family Award