Squeals with piggy excitement!! OMP – I got nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by my sweet friends over at Ladybuggz. What a fantastic way to end the month. Thank you my sweet friends for thinking of this little oinker and his group of misfit friends
Be sure to check out Ladybuggz when you get a chance and tell them that Bacon sent you.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
The rules are as follows:
- Post to accept the nomination
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Link to the blogs you nominate.
- Notify the recipients of their award.
- Post the rules!
Here are seven things about me:
- I’m a miniature pot belly oinker. But I’m not just any oinker. I’m talented, write a blog, have my own bedroom with my own television and have my mom wrapped around my hooves right where I need her.
- For years, I wouldn’t go outside to potty because I didn’t like the feel of grass on my hooves. Nowadays, I’ve gotten used to it although I still hate going outside in the heat.
- My favorite snack is Animal Crackers. I will do anything you want for a few cookies. Darn this pot belly of mine!
- I have a pet rock named Bashful who travels the world and brings home friends each time he returns. They also live in my bedroom and can be quite loud at times. Don’t let them fool you. They are party animals and love to play hide and go seek.
- I love to watch television. I especially like the old school cartoons. You know the ones like the original Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons – you know the good toons before they went crazy. Mom can turn my television on and I will watch for horrors.
- There is only food at this time that I absolutely can not stand. What is it? It is kumquats. Yucky. Pooey. Gross. Mom gave me one and one of my ears went south and the other went north at the same time. I spit it out and will not eat them. In fact, I told mom to try one. Do you know her ears did the same thing? Snorts with piggy laughter.
- Have you ever heard of cow tipping? Well mom says that she likes to pig tip me. Rolls my piggy eyes. There’s one spot on my side that mom can rub and boom – there I go. I tip over, kick my hind legs and let mom rub my belly. What can I say? I’m easy like that.
Of course, I would like to nominate anyone that doesn’t have this award yet. If you don’t have it, please feel free to accept this award from my piggy heart. Other than that, here are my choices:
My awesome friends Kali and Shoko from Canadian Cats
My brother Easy
My buddies Hailey and Zaphod at the Hailey/Zaphod Chronicles
The Gang at Jan’s Funny Farm
My cousin Sammy at OneSpoiledCat
My nefkitty Purrince Siddhartha Henry
The dear friends Sam and Elsa at Tailsaroundtheranch
Tags: adventure, animal, animal crackers, appreciation, Award, bacon, Bad, Bashful, blog, blog award, cartoons, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, grass, growing up, happy, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, kumquats, Love, Lovely Blog Award, miniature pot bellied pig, miniature pot belly, Mom, mommy, nature, oinker, One Lovely Blog Award, Outside, pet, Pet Rock, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, Scooby Doo, smart, snorts, spoiled, television, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, travels, trouble
Squeals! The only thing I love more than food is my friends. I cherish all of you and hold you close to my oinker heart. Earlier in the week, my brother Easy from across the pond passed on the Blogger Recognition Award to this little oinker. I am highly honored and thank him so very much.
- Select up to 25 other blogs to nominate for the award – My friends, if you have not received this award, please accept this as my honoring YOU. I ❤ you all!
- Post the award badge on our blog – Done, see above
- Tell a brief story about HOW our blog got started – SEE BELOW
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog – Done, see above
- Contact each of your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them – Please my friends, take this as an open invite for your nomination ❤
Many, many moons ago mom always dreamed of having a little black piggy that she would name Bacon. One year, it presented itself to her that her dream could come true. She found me on a Farm bulletin and she fell in love with me instantaneous… as I did her when I saw her the first day. I like to think that we were made for each other’s love. She took me home to the Hotel Thompson and can you believe she had converted one of the bedrooms into a nursery for me. ❤ – what’s not to love knowing that huh?
The first couple of days were touch and go. She had never had a live in piggy and I had never had a human. But we grew with each other and our bond was stronger every day. That’s when it dawned on me. I need to write about my treasured life here in the south at the Hotel Thompson. How many pigs do you know write their own blog and share their experiences in life at large?
So there you go. That is how piglove got started. It was an outlet for me to share and meet new friends. And hey, if I made you laugh so hard that it rained down your leg – then my day is complete 🙂
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Appreciation Award, Award, bacon, Bad, blogger, Blogger Appreciation Award, blogville, comedy, cute, daddy, easy, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, kid, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, snorts, spoiled, trouble
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
Happy Piggy Dance – Happy Piggy Dance – Happy Piggy Dance
My brother Easy gave me this award last Monday (06/09/2014). SQUEAL! You know awards make a happy piggy dancing all over the place here at the Hotel Thompson. I ❤ awards almost as much as I ❤ food! They are so exciting to this little oinker.
Easy gave me the Liebster Award – awesomesauce! Here are the rules for the award:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you and link back and recognize their blog in your post. Got it – Thank you – Thank you – Thank you my brother Easy.
2 – Answer the 10 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you. See below – oohh squeal – how much fun!
3 – Nominate 10 bloggers for the award. See below – Personally, I think *everyone* deserves this award!
4 – Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. See below – so much fun!
Questions for me to Answer:
- What was the weirdest thingy you ever ate? Kumquats. They are DISGUSTING. They are sweet and sour at the same time. I ate one. One of my ears went in one direction and the other ear went in the opposite direction. Eeeww
- Have you ever slept in a Howl-tel? Not yet. But I might get to soon 🙂
- Do you have a favorite show in television you could watch forever and ever and ever and ever? I love Green Acres and Gilligan’s Island. I am constantly watching these two shows on my television in my bedroom.
- Have you met a celebrity once in pawson (except yourself in a mirror of course?) Snorts. Mom and Dad took me to a fair one time. We got to meet Spongebob. It was a snort of a good time!
- Have you ever found a treasure or a thingy that was precious? My adopted mother. She’s my treasure that I plan on forever keeping ❤
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? That mom and dad were rich and never had to work again. That way they could stay at home with me all.of.the.time 🙂
- Would you rather live in the boondocks or in a big city? Right now, we live in the burbs so I would have to say boondocks. The big city is too congested.
- What you are doing when you can’t sleep at night? Watching my television in my bedroom if I can get to the remote or blogging on my laptop.
- What’s your favorite song? The first one that comes in your head now. Itsy Bitsy Spider – mom sung it to me last night when she put me to bed.
- Have you seen a phenomenon once like a total lunar eclipse or a fata morgana with your own eyes? Nope. Although I did see a full moon when daddy was cleaning my bedroom yesterday – snorts
My nominees in no particular order (If you participate in awards fabulous – if you don’t just know you are loved my friends!)
Reading with Rhythm
My 10 questions 🙂
- When you get really tired, how can you parents tell?
- What is your favorite food in the entire world?
- What is your favorite television show to watch?
- Do you have chores around the house?
- Do you like to ride in the car?
- Do you have siblings?
- Do you like cartoons?
- Have you ever spent the night at someone else’s house?
- Do you like to read or be read to?
- Do you have a pet?
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, comedy, cute, daddy, easy, entertainment, excited, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, joy, Liebster, Liebster Award, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, questions, smart, snorts, spoiled, squeal
Squeal! Happy piggy dance – shake it to the left – shake it to the right – I’m so excited!! Angel Whisper gave me this award last week on 05/20/2014. Isn’t it awesome?! So unique and lovely!! Thank you so much my kind sweet friends!
The only ‘rule’ for this award is to write a short piece on why you are accepting it. That’s easy enough so here I go.
Life is too short. Life is too short to be stressed…to be worried… to be depressed. There’s one way to overcome all of that. Laugh. Laughter brings inner peace and smile to your face. If I make one person smile… or pee in their pants a little with laughter… then my job is well done.
For those that do not have this award, please accept it. I’m giving this award to ALL of my friends here on my blog. You deserve a little inner peace today 🙂 Much love to all of you – XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, Award, bacon, blog, bloggers, depressed, depression, entertainment, Friends, friendship, fun, games, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, Inner Peace, Inner Peace Award, job, joke, laughter, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, peace, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, stress, worry
SQUEAL!! This little oinker was privileged to receive this Wonderful Team Member Readership Award from my sweet friend Shrimp . Shrimp is an awesome purr thing. You *have* to go check his blog out and tell him Bacon sent you. I LOVE awards. You can’t see me but I’m doing the happy oinker dance right now in my room in between typing on my keyboard. I’m so excited!! Thank you pal so very much!!
The rules of this award is to link back and nominate 14 bloggers. It’s very hard to do this because personally I think everyone deserves this award! In fact, if you don’t have this award please accept it my friends. Share and share alike!
Thank you again sweet Shrimp. I really appreciate the award!! And if any of my nominees don’t do the awards – that’s fine. Just know that all of my friends are LOVED by this little oinker!!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, Basil, Billy, blog, buddy, Cocco, comedy, cupcake, cute, Denny, ducks, Dusty, easy, Eko, entertainment, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, humor, Katie, lori, Love, Member, miniature pot bellied pig, Mop, Mumsy, Nacho, Nikita, noah, nominees, Nylablue, pet, pets, pig, Pigsqueak, playful, priceless, Readership, Reilly, Sammy, shrimp, team, Will, Wonderful, Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
Aaaww – my sweet Nylablue at http://nylabluesmum.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/caturday-catch-up-aka-da-eye-dez-of-march/ gave me this wonderful Sunshine Picnic Award on March 15, 2014. WOW – I’m so touched my sweet. Nylablue gave this award to me and Speedy the Cheeky House bunny cause we finally got to take her on her dream date. It was grand and wonderful… I still have dreams about it. If you missed the details of our wonderful date – you must check it out here at https://piglove.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/bacon-and-nylablue-date-night/
Thank you my sweet, sweet girlfriend. I really appreciate this award so very, very much. I really hope that we get to go on another picnic very soon my love.
And friends, if you don’t have this award, please accept it for your blog. XOXO – Bacon
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, comedy, cute, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Nylablue, pet, pets, picnic, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, speedy, Speedy the House bunny, spoiled, sunshine, Sunshine Picnic Award
Do you know what makes this little piggies heart go pitter patter? If you said awards, you were right. I love awards! They just make me want to get up and do a little break dancing!
My friend Noah at http://hutchagoodlife.wordpress.com gave me this award on Friday, February 28, 2014. I’m so piggy excited! Thank you Noah (hogs and snout kisses). I really do hope that Spring is coming soon. I *need* Spring desperately. I need the heat waves. I need the fantastic weather to run and play and bring out my inner oinker!
I would like to pass on this lovely award to some people have touched my heart with sunshine. They are as follows – in no particular order 🙂 Have a fantastic day my friends!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, awards, bacon, cute, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, growing up, guinea pigs, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, hutchagoodlife, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, noah, Nylablue, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, snort, snout, spoiled, Spring, Sunshine Award, thank you
My sweet girlfriend Nylablue gave me this special Sunshine Award on 02/23/2014. As some of you know, Nylablue is very, VERY special to this little piggy and means the world to me. Nylablue has been feeling under the weather lately and even so *still* thinks about others. That’s how HUGE her little heart is – she still takes the time to think of others.
Me and Nylablue were going to go out on a date before she got so very sick. The date is not called off but on hold. When she is feeling better, I promise to take her on a wonderful date full of chasing butterflies and walking near the water front. I want it to be something that she will always remember.
So, Nylablue get better soon honey. I’m always here thinking of you and thank you my sweet dear kitty for the Sunshine Award.
Rules of the Sunshine Award:
#01 – Thank the person who gave it to you – check.
#02 – Nominate 10 people that inspire you – check.
#03 – Write 10 interesting facts about yourself – check.
Nominations of 10 people that inspire me:
10 Interesting Facts About Moi – A Mere Piggy
- Mommy tucks me into my toddler bed and tells me a bedtime story every night.
- Mommy has to put my television remote up high on a shelf in my room. If not, I will turn on my television in the middle of the night and watch it. Honestly. I scared the bejesus out of mom/dad one night when I did it.
- I’m usually sweet Bacon but there are times when my evil twin Deviled Bacon comes out. Those are few and far between but when they do – shivers.
- I like to ride in the back of mom’s Smart car when she does errands. The next time you see a little blue Smart car with a piggy in the back seat oinking, give me a wave 🙂
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. I know it sounds silly but I can’t stand it! I tip toe on the grass when outside because of it… except for when I’m knocking daddy on his butt – snorts.
- I wake mommy up for the worky place every morning at 6:30AM. Can you believe she hasn’t had to set an alarm in 2.5 years? On the weekends, I wake daddy up at 7:30AM for breakfast.
- Mommy usually leaves me a snack on my pillow on my toddler bed at night. Sometimes it’s a strawberry, an animal cracker – you know something so the midnight munchie monster doesn’t get me.
- I’m secretly in love with a purr thing. Yep you heard it here first. I love Nylablue 🙂 swoon
- Mom took me to PetSmart one time when I was younger. I rode in the buggy. Everyone thought I was a dog until I started grunting. Now, there’s too many big dogs that go to our PetSmart so mommy is afraid to take me. So, I usually just hang out in the back of the Smart car while she runs in.
- Mommy took me to her worky place when I was little. I ran around the building like there was no tomorrow. Don’t let people fool you, I’m fast. One of mom’s guys caught me and gave me to mommy. He scared me really bad when he grabbed me. I peed all over mommy – blush.
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, cat, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, entertainment, Food, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, mommy, Nylablue, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, smart, spoiled, sunshine, Sunshine Award, trouble
Squeal! You know the only thing that I love almost as much as food is an award – double squeal!
Awards just make me want to get up off the couch and do a happy dance. They excite me that much! Sometimes when dad sees me dancing, he gets up and dances with me too. It’s only awkward when mom walks into the room. But I digress, that’s a story for another posting.
Back to the award. My friends Piggy and Puggy at http://iarxiv.com/2014/02/14/awards-for-fellow-bloggers/ gave me the Super Sweet Award. aaww – they really like me and think I’m sweet. Thank you my kind dear sweet friends. If you haven’t met Piggy and Puggy, you *have* to visit their web page. Tell them that Bacon sent you. Piggy and Puggy are piglets in art. That’s kind of soft part in my little miniature piggy heart.
They gave me this award on what better day than February 14, 2014 – love day.
5 super sweet questions I have to answer:
1. Cookies or Cake? I love me some cookies – chocolate chip are my favorites!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? I don’t get a lot of chocolate but I love me some vanilla!
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Oh my – there are so many to choose from. I want to say Animal Crackers. Mom and Nana buy me huge containers of them – snorts
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? All.of.the.time – snorts. I am a piggy.
5. Sweet Nick Name? Ssshhh – don’t tell anyone okay but mommy calls me Piggalicious. Rolls piggy eyes – it’s so embarrassing.
Today, I’m offering this award to everyone who doesn’t have it. Why? Because all of you my kind friends are so sweet! If you don’t have this award or even if you do, please accept this as my gift to you for this month of love. Come in for a snout kiss and hug my friends!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, comedy, daddy, dancing, entertainment, february, February 14th, freedom, Friends, fun, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, miniature, miniature pot bellied pig, pet, pig, piggy, playful, pot belly, priceless, Puggy, spoiled, Super Sweet, Super Sweet Award, thank you