Hello my spooky friends. Thank you so very much for staying with me during my 31 Days of Spook. Have you been enjoying the stories, the thrills, the things that go bump in the night? Today, we have another guest story submission. This one is from my friend Bree. Do you know her? She’s Reilly and Denny’s mom. If you don’t know them, you have so got to visit their blog. They are great. And personally, I don’t think those pooches take a bad picture – I’m just saying. Please make it a point to visit my friend Bree – tell her that Bacon sent you. This is her tale – enjoy my friends!
“When I was very little – only 4 years, we lived in London in a very old house. One morning I woke up and was very sick and feeling very scared but then this little old lady came into room and sat on the bed talking to me. She told me some wonderful stories in her soft Scottish accent and she would sing to me too – and lull me to sleep. Every morning she would come and visit. She was very small only about 4′ 5”, had grey/white hair pulled back tightly and wore a little cap like the the one Andy Capp wears. She also had a little white pipe – like the one Popeye had. She wore a long black skirt with big pockets on the front of it, big brown lace up boots and had layers of sweaters on. She smelled of lavender and even to this day I still think of her when I smell it.
My Mom came in one morning and asked me who I was talking too. I didn’t know her name so I pointed to her and said, “Grandah”. Mom looked around and couldn’t see anyone and yet there she was sitting on the end on the bed. Whenever any of my brothers or sister was sick she would appear and we always knew she was about the house because we suddenly would smell the lavender. Our Mom too smelled the lavender but never saw or knew who Grandah was until one day she showed us a very old photo of our great grandma and it was her! She had been dead for over thirty years and yet there she would come visit us when ever we were sick and we knew she would make us feel better.”
Tags: 31 Days of Spook, accent, adventure, Andy Capp, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bree, Brother, comforting, cowspotdogs, deceased, Denny, entertainment, Friends, fun, ghosts, Grandah, growing up, guest, guest submission, haunted, haunting, horror, lavender, London, Mom, paranormal, pet, pets, Popeye, Reilly, relative, Scottish, sister, sleep, smell, submission, trouble
My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.This month we are focusing on items that we *have* to have in our lives.
Items priced this month – Prices in Georgia USA:
- Water. We buy 24 packs of Nestle water when they are on sale for $3.00 – this is for 16.9 ounce bottles.
- Bath Soap. We are kind of picky here at the Hotel Thompson on our bath soap. Mommy ❤ the Lever brand – that’s almost all she ever buys. Every once in a while, our local grocery store will have packages of two bars on sale for $1.00! Mommy stocks up on it when they go on sale. It always smells so fresh!
- Deodorant. What is up with prices on deodorant?! Mommy and daddy – even though it’s made for a woman snorts – use Secret clear gel. This runs $4.99 a bottle – that’s almost like highway robbery just so you don’t stink… well that’s what mom says – snorts. Sometimes if mom is lucky, she can get a package of two for $7.99 and she sometimes has a coupon for $2.00 off making it $5.99 for two – which is a lot better than $4.99 for ONE. Thank goodness I don’t need this stuff – WOW!
- Laundry Detergent. We use Tide pods – dad ❤ this stuff. It’s easy for him since he does all the washing/drying. He can just throw a pod in and doesn’t have to measure anything. We buy a tub at Sam’s Warehouse for $21.00 for 90 pods. That’s pretty good for us – it almost lasts us an entire year! Not bad at all my friends.
- Random Item. Andy Capp’s Hot Fries. Delicious – Yummy – Out of this World – Licks Piggy Lips This is one of mom’s weaknesses. If she goes to our local Sam’s Warehouse, she has to buy a box of these. There are 48 bags to a box and the box runs $9.00 – that’s lots of joy. Have you seen this? This is what the picture of them look like to the right. You want some now, don’t you? Snorts
If you have some items that you want to get on the list, email me at email@example.com
Hope you had fun!!
Tags: adventure, Andy Capp, Andy Capp's Hot Fries, animal, bacon, Bath, bath soap, blog, bottled water, bottles, calendar, chips, deodorant, detergent, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fun, gel, growing up, happy, Hot Fries, humor, laundry, laundry detergent, Lever, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, month, Nestle, pet, pets, play, playful, pods, priceless, prices, Sam's Warehouse, secret, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, soap, Tide, Tide Pods, water, world