Journalist Rocky the Squirrel –
Keeping his hands on the nuts of the world.
Here for another important message for the day. Today, January 24th, is commemorated as National Compliment Day every year. It is a very special day and celebrated in most parts of the world apart from the USA. This day represents a positive theme – a positive tone in a positive atmosphere – everywhere you are whether it be at home, the grocery market, work or that place the humans feel to punish themselves by what they call “working out”.
Compliments – compliments – compliments – that is what we most do today. Have you ever noticed how someone just brightens up at a compliment, even a complete stranger? Do you notice how much harder you work when you get a compliment? So today, we shall compliment our little hearts out.
So here are some suggestions that can help you today on your National Compliment Day.
- Give your co-worker an honest to goodness compliment on something at work. It doesn’t matter how small or big, express your thoughts in a generous compliment. Hey go for the gold here and even try to compliment that boss. Let them wonder what you’re up to..ha!
- Compliment that person who is losing weight.
- Compliment that human that is consistently working out in their hamster ball.
- Compliment that human that really has touched you in some point of your life in a good way.
- Compliment your spouse. Sometimes you humans don’t express your feelings enough to each other. Maybe if you compliment them, they’ll give you more nuts for the winter.
- By all means, compliment your pets. They’re always there for you no matter what, even when you come home upset. They just want to love on you.
- Compliment the guy that cuts you off in traffic this morning. Maybe he won’t hear you but you can smile and wave. Maybe instead of uttering fowl language under your breath, think to yourself, “Isn’t he a nice guy for getting in front of me blocking me from any danger.”
- Compliment your mother and father – if it wasn’t for them, you wouldn’t be here. Heck, have your spouse compliment them too. If it wasn’t for them, your spouse wouldn’t have you.
- Compliment your pups… I mean children. I’m sure they do something else besides being destructive.
- Compliment your teacher. Compliment your bus driver or your chauffer.
- While you’re at it – compliment nature and all of its little creatures, like me 🙂 Hey, you can even throw us some extra feed outside, we won’t say no.
You get the drift. You give out compliments and you give a positive sense of well being. You make someone feel great with just a few words. We all know that words can be so destructive. Let’s turn it around today.
I, Journalist Rocky the Squirrel, challenge you. I challenge you to give out a minimum of FIVE compliments today. I bet you can do more but FIVE is a good start. Are you going to take the challenge?
This is Journalist Rocky the Squirrel signing off. Have a fantastic day you beautiful humans!
01/24/2018 at 1:04 pm
the mama complimented her mom today as she beamed her oven to nirvana… to be unbelievable is a compliment, right?
01/24/2018 at 4:44 pm
But of course it is… snorts and rolls with piggy laughter…. but trying not lose my head. Extra snorts on that. XOXO – Bacon
01/24/2018 at 3:07 pm
I’m on it!
Lone Star Cats
01/24/2018 at 5:50 pm
Five?? I might aim for one. MOL!
The Canadian Cats
01/24/2018 at 8:50 pm
May we say you are the happiest and most contented piggy we have ever known, Bacon.
Shoko and Kali
01/25/2018 at 9:31 am
aaww piggy blushes and shuffles hooves. Thanks my friend. XOXO – Bacon
Dennis the Vizsla
01/28/2018 at 4:19 pm
hello bacon its dennis the vizsla dog hay my mama and dada ar always givving us kompliments!!! or at leest asking us if they shud giv us kompliments ennyway!!! they ask me if i am a gud boy and they ask the hipsters if they ar gud kitties and they ask us both if we are so kyoot and all kinds of stuf like that!!! of korse we always say yes!!! ha ha ok bye
01/31/2018 at 10:30 am
Snorts and rolls with piggy laughter. That’s awesome bro. Always tell them they are good humans…. oinks! XOXO – Bacon