My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA.
This month we are working RANDOM CHOICES of the items mentioned. List what is your favorite of the random item and price. Let’s see how many things we can recognize in *your* area.
Items to price this month:
- Random condiment of your choice. Friends – I’m shaking my little piggy head here on this one. Why do you ask? Well, I stumbled into the kitchen – the land of the unknown to this oinker – and looked in the cabinet. What I found was shocking and took me back a bit. You see one of dad’s favorite condiments is… well… perhaps I should show you. See, this brings many questions to this pork butt’s mind. Exactly where and what does he season with this item I’m not sure. But it’s one of his favorites and he says it costs around $3.49 a bottle. I think that’s kind of cheap for butt kickin’ – just saying.
- Random frozen meal of your choice. This one is SO easy. In our freezer here at the Hotel Thompson, you will *always* find a Hungry Man television dinner. Chicken is mom’s favorite and turkey is dad’s. Do you remember these dinners? Mom can usually find them on sale at our local Kroger for $2.00 each. Not bad for a complete dinner with dessert, huh? Yeah, mom knows they are full of bad stuff and carbs but every once in a while, it takes her back to her childhood and fond memories. And I’ve heard the brownie desserts in the chicken ones are delicious. Not that mom has shared with me but I hear her squeals of delight when she eats them.
- Random dessert/something sweet of your choice. Four words for you. Edwards Peanut Butter Pie. They cost $6.99 in the store and are worth every.single.bite. So says mom and dad. Again, I haven’t had a taste. A single morsel. Nothing. Not even a crumb. Do you see a pattern of abuse here at the Hotel Thompson? Snorts and oinks.
- Random Fruit of your choice. Okay I got this one mom. Our random fruit choice *has* to be apples. I don’t care what kind, what size, what color. I’m not discriminating. I LOVE them all. On a good day at the market, mom pays about $1.29 pound. Sometimes in the summer/fall, she can get them a lot cheaper. Which is good because I can put the apples away.
- .Random Item of your choice. One of the things that mom likes to put in her salads and on her sandwiches is avocados. Neat huh? This week they are on special at the market for only 99 cents each. This is great – have you ever had slices of avocados in your salad and on your sammies? Awesome nice touch. Snorts – I have had these lovely things – licks piggy lips.
I hope you had fun my friends with this month’s edition of Shopping Around the World. Hope to see you shopping soon!