BARKS my friends. Hope you have had a wonderful fast week. You know us anipals here at the Hotel Thompson. We *live* for the weekends. The weekends is when the mommy is at home and we can take turns camping out and getting even more spoiled on her lap. You can relate right? It is *THE* most privileged place in the house. He that has rights on the lap is the happiest for the moment.
But I have to tell you something about last weekend. Last weekend, I got to go to Nana’s. I was planned to visit Saturday and spend the night but I got to go early. You see mom got up Friday and fed me breakfast and then I got sick. Have you ever gotten sick? This was my first time and let me just say I didn’t care for it. Nope. Not at all. This puppy needs to never get sick again. The sick monster got me and things came out of my mouth that I had never seen before. I was scared. Mom was scared but she was good. She cleaned me up and the floor – barks! She then called Nana to see if I could come a day early. She said she didn’t want to go to work and have to worry about me not getting extra TLC from Nana. Let me tell you something. When I heard Nana, I was waiting at the front door for mom. I couldn’t wait!
See I spent a whole two days and two nights with my Nana. But by Sunday, I was kind of missing mom and dad. I kept going around the house and looking for them. And then, when mom had dropped me off she gave Nana her nightshirt in case I needed it to smell her. That was a fabulous idea! I found it Sunday and kept rolling in it, chewing on it. I even dragged it out the chair Nana had it in and put in on the couch with me.
When mom finally picked me up, my tail was going 90 miles per hour – mommy thought I was going to fly it was going so fast! I smothered her in puppy kisses. She told Nana I smelled so good. Nana just smiled because Nana gave me a special bath and combed my hair. I was looking fine for mommy.
So that’s my week my friends. I hope you have a wonderful weekend to come and I hope that YOU get the privileged lap at your house for some snuggles – Barks out!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, bacon, Bad, barks, Bath, cat, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, dog, egyptian, egyptian cotton, entertainment, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, games, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, Houdini, humor, kid, King, Love, Milk Bones, miniature pot bellied pig, mommy, Mouse Girl, nana, Paw Time with Houdini, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, purr things, rules, sheet, sick, smart, smell, spoiled, Terrier, throw up, treats, trouble, tunnel, Weekend, Weekend at Nanas, Yorkie, Yorkie Rules, Yorkshire Terrier
My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA.
This month we are working RANDOM CHOICES of the items mentioned. List what is your favorite of the random item and price. Let’s see how many things we can recognize in *your* area.
Items to price this month:
- Random condiment of your choice. Friends – I’m shaking my little piggy head here on this one. Why do you ask? Well, I stumbled into the kitchen – the land of the unknown to this oinker – and looked in the cabinet. What I found was shocking and took me back a bit. You see one of dad’s favorite condiments is… well… perhaps I should show you. See, this brings many questions to this pork butt’s mind. Exactly where and what does he season with this item I’m not sure. But it’s one of his favorites and he says it costs around $3.49 a bottle. I think that’s kind of cheap for butt kickin’ – just saying.
- Random frozen meal of your choice. This one is SO easy. In our freezer here at the Hotel Thompson, you will *always* find a Hungry Man television dinner. Chicken is mom’s favorite and turkey is dad’s. Do you remember these dinners? Mom can usually find them on sale at our local Kroger for $2.00 each. Not bad for a complete dinner with dessert, huh? Yeah, mom knows they are full of bad stuff and carbs but every once in a while, it takes her back to her childhood and fond memories. And I’ve heard the brownie desserts in the chicken ones are delicious. Not that mom has shared with me but I hear her squeals of delight when she eats them.
- Random dessert/something sweet of your choice. Four words for you. Edwards Peanut Butter Pie. They cost $6.99 in the store and are worth every.single.bite. So says mom and dad. Again, I haven’t had a taste. A single morsel. Nothing. Not even a crumb. Do you see a pattern of abuse here at the Hotel Thompson? Snorts and oinks.
- Random Fruit of your choice. Okay I got this one mom. Our random fruit choice *has* to be apples. I don’t care what kind, what size, what color. I’m not discriminating. I LOVE them all. On a good day at the market, mom pays about $1.29 pound. Sometimes in the summer/fall, she can get them a lot cheaper. Which is good because I can put the apples away.
- .Random Item of your choice. One of the things that mom likes to put in her salads and on her sandwiches is avocados. Neat huh? This week they are on special at the market for only 99 cents each. This is great – have you ever had slices of avocados in your salad and on your sammies? Awesome nice touch. Snorts – I have had these lovely things – licks piggy lips.
I hope you had fun my friends with this month’s edition of Shopping Around the World. Hope to see you shopping soon!
Tags: adventure, animal, apples, avocado, avocadoes, bacon, bananas, blog, condiment, dessert, Edwards, Edwards Pies, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, frozen, fruit, fun, growing up, happy, humor, Hungry Man, items, Kick Ass Pork Rub, lettuce, Love, meal, miniature pot bellied pig, olives, peanut butter, pet, pets, pies, pits, play, playful, priceless, prices, random, random items, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, sweet, Television dinners, TV Dinners, world