My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA:
Items to price this month:
- Olives – Mom ❤ her olives. Sometimes during the day, she just eats them straight out of a jar. And she likes to put them in her Bloody Mary’s. She buys the huge jar – 21 ounces – of pimento stuffed olives from Walmart, it’s called Manzanilla, for around $4.00 a jar.
- Light Bulbs – Light bulbs are so expensive these days! It seems like we are forever replacing the ones in the kitchen. We have two light fixtures in the kitchen that have three lights each. They take 65 watts and they are made kind of like a flood light. She can buy a three pack at Home Depot for $19.99 – expensive huh?
- Air Spray – Mom keeps a bottle of Lysol in my room – shrugs shoulders – I don’t know why. But she says that little can is almost $5.00 on sale! Throughout the house, she likes to use Febreze. She can usually get two bottles for $5.00 on those.
- Lettuce – How much is a head of lettuce? Here in the market on sale, we can buy a head of lettuce for 99 cents. If we are lucky, sometimes they are HUGE.
- Random Item of your choice. My random choice is bananas. Mom can usually get them in the store for around 79 cents a pound. Why can’t they be cheaper? I *need* my bananas. They are one of my all time favorite snacks.
Hope you had fun!!