My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA:
Items to price this month:
- Olives – Mom ❤ her olives. Sometimes during the day, she just eats them straight out of a jar. And she likes to put them in her Bloody Mary’s. She buys the huge jar – 21 ounces – of pimento stuffed olives from Walmart, it’s called Manzanilla, for around $4.00 a jar.
- Light Bulbs – Light bulbs are so expensive these days! It seems like we are forever replacing the ones in the kitchen. We have two light fixtures in the kitchen that have three lights each. They take 65 watts and they are made kind of like a flood light. She can buy a three pack at Home Depot for $19.99 – expensive huh?
- Air Spray – Mom keeps a bottle of Lysol in my room – shrugs shoulders – I don’t know why. But she says that little can is almost $5.00 on sale! Throughout the house, she likes to use Febreze. She can usually get two bottles for $5.00 on those.
- Lettuce – How much is a head of lettuce? Here in the market on sale, we can buy a head of lettuce for 99 cents. If we are lucky, sometimes they are HUGE.
- Random Item of your choice. My random choice is bananas. Mom can usually get them in the store for around 79 cents a pound. Why can’t they be cheaper? I *need* my bananas. They are one of my all time favorite snacks.
Hope you had fun!!
01/30/2015 at 2:00 am
wow I come over and buy the light bulbs at your store :o) my momma is a fan of bananas too, she said it’s soul food …. maybe she is your sister?
01/30/2015 at 9:21 am
Snorts – She might be my sister. I ❤ bananas. LOVE THEM! I will go for them every single time. Light bulbs are horrid aren't they? Off to check your prices now. XOXO – Bacon
01/30/2015 at 4:34 am
Wow bananas seem cheap there and yet we grow them????
01/30/2015 at 9:23 am
How is that even possible?? Crazy peeps selling bananas. I can’t get enough of them. Wait a minute – ya’ll sell them THERE. Maybe I should come live THERE with YOU Auntie Sharon? Snorts and smiles XOXO – Bacon
01/30/2015 at 6:25 pm
we would have a fun time. 😀
01/30/2015 at 4:54 am
Wow Sharon is right that’s super cheap for bananas!hen I looked this week they were $4.99 a kilo..yikes! and the bulbs seem not bad either…I am with mum on the olives..yumm.great list Bacon…loves Fozziemum xx
01/30/2015 at 9:24 am
Oh yum! Bananas are awesome here and CHEAP. Mom says she can always do cheap and that’s why she tries to keep me in bananas. Although she mentioned something in the same breath about driving daddy bananas… I don’t get that part. Snorts. XOXO – Bacon
01/30/2015 at 6:17 am
I’ve never had a nanner before – even a nip nanner which most kitties adore! BUTTTT my Mom does buy them and makes nanner pudding from time to time. Next time she does, I’ll ask for a taste! This is an interesting price comparison today – well it ALWAYS is but this time particularly so as lightbulb costs are RIDICULOUS!
01/30/2015 at 9:28 am
Light bulbs are outrageous cousin! I can’t believe how high they have gotten all over. It’s a crying shame just to be able to see. And you have to try a banana. They are so delicious!!! Your mom makes banana pudding? I’m so coming to your house 🙂 XOXO – Bacon
01/30/2015 at 6:36 am
Bacon, bananas are one of Granny’s favorite too, also the olives..YUMMY. The bulb lamps are much cheaper in our country I suppose. A few years before they were almost the prize you paid for, but now they finally are payable 🙂 We have made our shopping contribution Here https://angelswhisper2011.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/what-makes-me-family-and-shopping-time/ and we will come back later to see all the entries. Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend my furriend 🙂 ❤
01/30/2015 at 9:29 am
Awesome my friend. Off to check your bloggy 🙂 XOXO – Bacon
Reilly & Denny
01/30/2015 at 1:30 pm
we didn’t forget this month – we just don’t buy any of those things
01/30/2015 at 3:10 pm
No problems my friends 🙂 Hopefully next month there will be some things on the list. XOXO – Bacon
Miss Harper Lee
01/30/2015 at 4:08 pm
Mmmmmm . . . bananas. When my daddy’s home, we share a banana every single morning. It’s our little thing. My humans had fun with the list this month. Mostly I think they just had fun drinking the martinis that they put the olives in. 😉 Here’s a link to my post:
01/30/2015 at 4:49 pm
Sorry Bacon I forgot about this day. Lately at our Walmart they have been having a 6 pack of regular light bulbs for $3 which is a good deal. Lettuce has been around $1.49 unless it’s on sale for 99 cents. I think a really small jar of olives is around $3. Lysol maybe $5 too. The other day hamburger was $4.49 a lb. It stayed at the store too. LOL.
02/02/2015 at 8:45 am
Awesome. Your prices look similar to mine. Except the light bulbs. Light balls are so totally expensive. XOXO – Bacon