My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.This month we are focusing on items for the vegetarians – fruits and vegetables. Special thanks to Corkscot for the suggestion this month.
Items priced this month – Prices in Georgia USA:
- Apples – Mommy goes to Sam’s Warehouse to get a huge bag of Granny Smith (my favorites) for $4.99 a bag. There’s about 15 HUGE apples in this bag. Which is good because I get a 1/2 of sliced apple before bedtime every night 🙂 It’s my bedtime snack.
- Strawberries – If we are lucky, our store puts 16 ounces packages of huge strawberries on sale for $2.50 a package. During the peak season, we go the strawberry patch. We can get a HUGE basket that we pick… and of course I sample… for $8.00
- Carrots – Mommy buys me the 16 ounce bag that are cut/peeled baby carrots. I live off of these! She gets them for $0.99 a bag – sometimes on sale she can get them two bags for $1.00 🙂
- Green Beans – Fresh are so yummy! We get them here in season for $0.99 a pound.
- Lettuce – We have been buying lettuce for a while now for $0.99 a head. Sometimes they are HUGE and well worth it and other times they are small and only makes a couple of meals for us. That’s right I said ‘us’. I get a salad for dinner every night with mom.
- Random Fruit of your choice. Seedless grapes. Smacking my piggy lips now. I ❤ it when mom pops them in the freezer and then gives them to me as a treat. Piggy heaven!
- Random Vegetable of your choice. Corn on the Cob – can you say delicious!? On sale, we can get three ears for $1.00. This is a great deal. She shucks them, wraps them in aluminum foil, sprays them with butter and throws them on the grill, in the oven or in the crock pot. My mouth is watering just thinking about how juicy they are!
If you have some items that you want to get on the list, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you had fun!!
Molly The Wally
09/24/2014 at 5:56 am
This one is a tricky one for us as fresh produce varies with the season and imports so sometimes they are cheap when there is a glut and expensive when shipped from abroad. Always interesting. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly
09/24/2014 at 7:55 am
Oh wow. Thanks sweet Molly. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 6:04 am
Always fun to see the differences in prices around the world Cousin……….was sad to hear poor Easy can’t have strawberries where he is though – that’s CRIMINAL!!!!!
09/24/2014 at 7:56 am
I know!! That’s unbelievable. Such an outlaw!! I love these prices every month. XOXO – Bacon
Reilly & Denny
09/24/2014 at 7:49 am
you know we were reading that those little peeled baby carrots are actually washed in bleach to stop them from going slimy in the bag – since then we only buy big carrots that we peel ourselves.
09/24/2014 at 7:58 am
What!? OMP! We are so not buying them anymore. Mommy can buy the big ones and cut. Wow. I had no clue. Thanks my sweet friend. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 8:02 am
seedless grapes are the best!!! I’ve heard that through the grapevine hehehehe I agree for the lettuce, sometimes they are too big that you can’t put it in the bad and sometimes they are not more than a handfull… butt for the same price. maybe it’s the same as with the fabric softener, where you can buy a small bottle as “fabric softener concentrate”?
09/24/2014 at 11:02 am
I think you may be on to something brother. I’m trying to keep up with these today. Mom is at the doctors this morning. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 11:04 am
hope she is not sick and she brings good news from that dogtors place…
09/24/2014 at 11:06 am
She has some issues. She’s having more blood work and X-ray’s today. Hopefully we will know something soon. Pray for her my brother. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 11:19 am
I will cross my paws… it’s always weird when they read our future in our blood :o(
09/24/2014 at 11:42 am
Yes it is. And in X-rays. That’s just weird. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 8:25 am
Bacon your beans are a steal! here they steal you blind for them hahha I heard the same thing about the carrots..and that perfect white garlic is also bleached..so I grow my own or buy purple garlic…funny how they mess with fruit and veggies..ever notice that apples now don’t go brown when you bite them and leave them???? when I was little it went brown pretty quick..the ones I grow go brown…but all those perfect apples that never brown..hmmm thy were trying to develop banana that didn’t go brown here too….weird….maybe one day we will all realise we can’t go brown either hahahaa 🙂 Love Fozziemum xxx
09/24/2014 at 11:04 am
Wow. I think you are right on these. Of course apples never have to time to go brown here. Not when this oinker has his jowls around one. XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 9:05 pm
Bwahahahahaahahaha 🙂 colour me surprised Bacon 😉 loves Fozziemum xx
09/25/2014 at 9:21 am
Snorts – 🙂 ❤ XOXO – Bacon
09/25/2014 at 6:41 pm
Bwahaahaahh 🙂 ❤ ❤ Loves Fozziemum xxx
09/24/2014 at 10:16 am
Berry prices always make me sad. I remember having wild strawberries and blackberries in the woods around us when I was younger, probably the one thing I miss about living in such a rural area.
09/24/2014 at 11:05 am
Oh yes! We have a strawberry and blueberry farm not too far away from is. We go a couple of times during the season. I love it! XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 12:17 pm
Hi Bacon, here we are with our contribution of the shopping game. Thank you for making this possible. We’re off line now, but we will be back later to compare the prices. Pawkisses for now 🙂 ❤
09/25/2014 at 9:17 am
Oh, Bacon, you’re so lucky to taste it all. My mouth only waters for everything that swims..well, in a way 😉 The prices are much the same as in our country 🙂 Pawkisses for a Happy Thursday 🙂
09/25/2014 at 9:19 am
Off to visit. 🙂 XOXO – Bacon
Sand Spring Chesapeakes
09/24/2014 at 1:01 pm
I love SAMs club, enjoy your veggies and fruits
09/25/2014 at 9:19 am
Thanks my sweet dear friends! XOXO – Bacon
09/24/2014 at 4:23 pm
Wow Bacon yous got sum gweat purrices there. Always luv da shoppin’ day. 🙂
Dezi and Lexi
09/25/2014 at 9:20 am
Thanks sweet Dezi. It’s one of our favorite times of the month – anything for some shopping 🙂 XOXO – Bacon
09/25/2014 at 4:59 pm
Oh my! I’m off to read your bloggie my friends. XOXO – Bacon
09/25/2014 at 4:31 pm
Mummy has finially got around to doing our Shopping around the world post.
09/29/2014 at 9:48 am
aarrgghh – I went and visited and left two messages. Both of them went into the blue yonder 😦 Awesome prices. I appreciate you participating my friend. Can I come live with you? XOXO – Bacon
09/29/2014 at 6:42 pm
Yow our pricez are higher hear Mum sayz…..
Frozen grapez?? HMMM me must try dat fer Mum 😉
Lub ❤ Nylablue ❤
09/30/2014 at 9:15 am
They are awesome my sweet!! You *have* to try it and let me know what you think. XOXO – Bacon
10/01/2014 at 9:47 pm
Next time Mum getz to da groceree store she will buy sum grapez n try diz 😉
Lub Nylablue x0x0