Thanks to everyone for another great edition of Shopping Around the World in August. It’s so awesome to see the various prices around the world!
Me and my pal Fozzie started Shopping Around the World in April. This has become a huge hit and we all want to know if we are paying more or less than everyone else – snorts. We are going to do it again this month on Wednesday, September 24.
Do a posting on your blog linked back to mine. That way we can keep track of all of the different prices. It should be interesting to see the differences between. Mark your calendar so you can do a posting with us. This month we are focusing on fruits and vegetables – a vegetarian trolley if you will. (Thanks Corkscot for the suggestion!)
Items to price this month:
- Apples – What kind do you buy, how many, price per pound.
- Strawberries – How many ounces/pounds and price.
- Carrots – What size bag, price
- Green Beans – Do you buy fresh/frozen/canned? What kind and price.
- Lettuce – How much per head?
- Random Fruit of your choice
- Random Vegetable of your choice.
Come join the fun of Shopping Around the World – mark your calendars
Wednesday, September 24, 2014!
Thank you very much for your ideas for the monthly listing. If you have any more suggestions to be added to my on-going list, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: adventure, animal, apples, bacon, blog, carrots, entertainment, Food, fozzie, freedom, Friends, fruit, fun, green beans, growing up, happy, humor, lettuce, Love, miniature pot bellied pig, month, pet, pets, play, playful, priceless, prices, random, shopping, Shopping Around the World, smart, snorts, strawberries, vegetable, vegetarian, water, world
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I ❤ television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I ❤ it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
The Mad Hooligan
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!
Tags: adventure, animal, appreciation, Award, bacon, bed, cartoons, Christmas, comedy, cute, daddy, entertainment, facts, Felix the Cat, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, grass, green acres, growing up, happy, Homicide Hunter, hooves, Hotel Thompson, humor, Joe Kendall, Love, lovely blog, Mighty Mouse, miniature pot bellied pig, nominations, One Lovely Blog Award, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, posts, priceless, Sci-Fi, Scooby Doo, Select Comfort, smart, snort, spoiled, Sy-Fy, television, texture, trouble
Last night was awesome here at the Hotel Thompson. We had take out because nobody wanted to cook here. I got to go with mom/dad to the local restaurant. We went in Albert, mom’s Smart car, and went in the drive thru. Squeal! This is one of my favorite things in the entire world! AND, I scored.
When the lady saw me at the window to take the money, she had to call over everyone else to see me. Of course, I put on a little show and snorted here and there. It paid off. They gave me french fries of my very own. Shake your pig tails – happy oinker right here! Of course, as soon as we got home, mom let me have *my* french fry order. Thanks McDonalds!
Tags: adventure, Albert, animal, appreciation, bacon, comedy, cute, daddy, devil, drive thru, entertainment, Food, free, freedom, Friends, fun, funny, growing up, happy, Hotel Thompson, humor, Love, McDonald's, miniature pot bellied pig, Mom, pet, pets, pig, play, playful, priceless, restaurant, score, show, sleep, smart, smart car, snorts, spoiled, trouble