My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.This month we are focusing on items that we *have* to have in our lives.
Items priced this month – Prices in Georgia USA:
- Water. We buy 24 packs of Nestle water when they are on sale for $3.00 – this is for 16.9 ounce bottles.
- Bath Soap. We are kind of picky here at the Hotel Thompson on our bath soap. Mommy ❤ the Lever brand – that’s almost all she ever buys. Every once in a while, our local grocery store will have packages of two bars on sale for $1.00! Mommy stocks up on it when they go on sale. It always smells so fresh!
- Deodorant. What is up with prices on deodorant?! Mommy and daddy – even though it’s made for a woman snorts – use Secret clear gel. This runs $4.99 a bottle – that’s almost like highway robbery just so you don’t stink… well that’s what mom says – snorts. Sometimes if mom is lucky, she can get a package of two for $7.99 and she sometimes has a coupon for $2.00 off making it $5.99 for two – which is a lot better than $4.99 for ONE. Thank goodness I don’t need this stuff – WOW!
- Laundry Detergent. We use Tide pods – dad ❤ this stuff. It’s easy for him since he does all the washing/drying. He can just throw a pod in and doesn’t have to measure anything. We buy a tub at Sam’s Warehouse for $21.00 for 90 pods. That’s pretty good for us – it almost lasts us an entire year! Not bad at all my friends.
- Random Item. Andy Capp’s Hot Fries. Delicious – Yummy – Out of this World – Licks Piggy Lips This is one of mom’s weaknesses. If she goes to our local Sam’s Warehouse, she has to buy a box of these. There are 48 bags to a box and the box runs $9.00 – that’s lots of joy. Have you seen this? This is what the picture of them look like to the right. You want some now, don’t you? Snorts
If you have some items that you want to get on the list, email me at email@example.com
Hope you had fun!!