My friend Fozzie and I have scheduled a group posting today of Shopping Around the World. We thought it would be interesting to see the differences between different countries all over.
Here are our prices for the following from our area – Georgia USA:
- Loaf of bread – $1.00 on sale or $1.99 if not on sale
- Gallon of milk – $3.09
- Dozen eggs – $1.79
- Gas per gallon – $3.61
- Movie ticket – $1.50 at the cheap theater or $9.50 at the luxury theater (my mom/dad haven’t decided if the ‘cheap tickets’ are worth it. Last time they went, they thought they were going to have to get the jaws of life to get them out of the seats made for children – snorts)
- At the movies, how much are the concessions? – $20.00 easy – Bucket of popcorn/2 drinks (at either place – the cheaper theatre or the luxury theater).
- McDonald’s cheeseburger – $1.00 for a plain one or $3.49 for the Big Mac
- Jar of peanut butter – Store brand $1.88 for small jar or name brand $4.99 or higher!
- A can of Fancy Feast cat food – $.69 each!
Are you surprised at any of the prices above? Do tell.