Daily Archives: 12/13/2013
There is *nothing* like starting your day off with receiving an award from a friend! This Friday the 13th is staring off fabulous for this little oinker. My tail is wagging so fast – mommy says that she can almost see me taking off from the speed of the wag – snorts – silly mommy.
This morning my friends (Basil, Buddy, Noah and Nacho) at http://hutchagoodlife.wordpress.com granted me the Sunshine Award. What a delightful award on this cold-fixing-to-rain-kind-of Friday. It’s really funny that they thought of another song when posting their award – “Ain’t no sunshine when she gone…” My first thoughts are:
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don’t take my sunshine away
This is how *I* feel about all of my friends here in blogville. I love you all more than you know!
The rules of the Sunshine Award are:
1) Use the logo above in the post. √
2) Link to whoever nominated you. √
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself. √
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.” √
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award. √
Ten Facts About *ME* 🙂
- My favorite movie to watch is Charlotte’s Web. I will watch it intently. In fact, I made mommy watch it with me this week. She cried like there was no tomorrow. I snuggled her at the same time.
- I have chores at the Hotel Thompson. Can you believe the humans have cheap labor? I help my daddy drag my dirty things to the laundry room on wash day. And I help mommy put all of my toys in my toy chest in my bedroom.
- I have a king sized Egyptian cotton sheet that is all mine. 🙂 I drag it around the house, play with it and sleep with it. It’s kind of like my security blanket. I “borrowed” it from mommy one day. She saw how much I loved it and told me I could have it. Isn’t she the best!
- The worst thing that I do? – snorts. I step on my mom/dad’s feet with my hooves. I really don’t do it on purpose. But man, do they make some neat moves dancing around when I accidentally do it.
- I watch a lot of paranormal shows with my mommy. Secretly I think I would be a great ghost pig investigator in search of the unknown. Really, I just need my shot!
- I type about 25 hpm (hooves per minute). My time is increasing every month!
- There is only one food that I don’t much care for. I’ll eat it but it’s not my favorite. In fact, the first time I had it, I do believe one ear went in one direction and the other ear went in the opposite direction. What was the food? Kumquats – sweet/sour combined.
- My nana once pigsat me while mom/dad went out of town for THREE days. When they came back home, I had ate so much at nana’s that I couldn’t even squeak!
- At night, mom has to put my remote control for my television in my bedroom up on my book shelf. If not, I will find it, turn on the television in the middle of the night and watch it.
- I love bananas. Once, mommy was holding one and wasn’t thinking about me being in the room. I tried to climb up her bare legs to get to the banana. Oops – I left some treadmarks on her long legs too. But on the other hoof, I got the banana 🙂
My ten nominees (no particular order):
Hello my friends – Count Baconula here for Bacons Tales of Terror – on today this Friday the 13th – insert evil scary music. Today, we have a good one. An actual true story into terror. Are you ready? Do you think you can withstand the horror? Buckle up my friends, this is a good one.
Daddy, he’s a tough kind of guy. He used to play football in his younger days. You know a rough and tumble kind of guy who doesn’t freak out or get scared that easily. Us anipals at the Hotel Thompson know this about him. He’s a toughee. Well, you know sometimes it’s the little things that can bring down a big guy.
Take for instance earlier in the week. Daddy has routine that is more structured than mine – well it seems that way. He did his morning chores and then jumped in the shower like he always does. That was his first mistake – taking a shower. His second mistake – leaving the door open to the bathroom. Insert evil snorts and evil purr sounds.
Me, Hemi and Mouse Girl stood outside in the hallway. It was a secret mission that we put together. Since I’m a miniature pot bellied pig, I was too big for the mission. Mouse Girl, well she didn’t have the gusto for the mission either. But Hemi, Hemi is the Fear Factor purr thing here at the Hotel Thompson. He took the mission and ran with it.
Mouse Girl stood as a look out in the front room just in case someone came in… I know not likely to happen but still. I took the look out in the hallway. Hemi started up his ninja moves and we could hear the theme to Mission Impossible starting to play. He went left then right and slowly inched his way to the side of the tub. We could all hear daddy singing off key with not a thought or fear to the world.
Then Hemi maneuvered his little acrobatic feline body into position on the tub ledge right in between the inside shower curtain and the outside decorative curtain. I looked at Mouse Girl and she gave me the go ahead. I slowly tiptoed on my hooves into the bathroom and swatted Hemi’s tail that was hanging down for the go ahead. I then slowly edged myself back out of the bathroom.
About that time, Hemi took his extra large paws and with three swipes hit daddy in the buttocks.
When I tell you that daddy screams like a girl, I’m not lying. If he was a cat, I think he would have used eight of his lives in that single moment. In fact, I don’t think us anipals here at the Hotel Thompson have even heard mommy scream like that. I’m surprised it didn’t crack the bathroom mirror.
It’s a good thing daddy was almost finished with his shower. He could hardly walk out of the bathroom. His idea of fast was a snail’s pace because he was shaking so bad. Of course, we all acted innocently. We were all in the front room watching television like, “What up dad?”
Of course, he knew what we did. That was abundantly clear when he called mommy and told on us. The funny thing, I think I heard mommy laughing on the other end of the phone. She said we did him good – real good. I guess she was thinking we got him back for all of his jokes this week with the Christmas decorations. Snorts.
So the next time you are taking a shower, remember a couple of things.
(1) Shut the door and LOCK it;
(2) Men do scream like girls;
(3) Make sure you know where your anipals are. They watch television and movies too. 🙂
Happy Friday the 13th my friends!