I tell you, I need to get a hobby or start writing that great America novel. I couldn’t sleep last night. Bashful had a sleep over and mom and dad went out on date night. So, I stayed up late on the computer surfing the net. Will I *ever* find the end of that internet? Snort – probably not.
I came across some really interesting information and pictures for that matter. Take this toilet for example. Wouldn’t that be the coolest thing to have in your bathroom? I would be in there constantly watching the little fishies swim around.
But it makes me wonder. When you flush, where do those little fishies go? See, I’m a curious pig like that. It has to be a dual tank so they don’t get flushed down the drain. I know the purr things here would be in there drooling and wanting to play with them.
Let me share some of the interesting tidbits that I learned. I know you want to know what they were 🙂
The ‘average’ person spends three entire years of their life sitting on the toilet. An average person will visit the toilet 2500 times a year, that’s about 6-8 times a day.
- The film Psycho was the first movie to show a toilet flushing. The scene caused an impouring of complaints about the indecency.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on Leave it to Beaver.
- Pomegranates studded with cloves were used as the first attempt in making a toilet air freshener.
- Over $100,000 was spent on a study to determine whether most people put their toilet paper on the holder with the flap over or under. Most people put their flap over. I know we do here at the Hotel Thompson. You?
- King George II of Great Britain died falling off of a toilet on October 25, 1760. Can you imagine that?
- The first toilet cubicle in a row is the least used and consequently the cleanest.
- The toilet is flushed more times during the Super Bowl halftime than at any time during the year.
- While he didn’t invent the toilet, Thomas Crapper perfected the siphon flush system we use today. Snort – there was actually a guy named Crapper – stop it!
- In 1890, the Scott Paper Company manufactured toilet paper on a roll, much as we know it today.
- On an average day, we use 57 squares of toilet paper a day. Can you spare a square? There are 333 squares of toilet paper on the average roll. The standared size of a square is 4.5″ by 4.5″.
- Most toilets flush in the key of E flat.
- Did you know that there is actually a World Toilet Day? It takes place on November 19 every year. I’ll have to let Journalist Rocky the Squirrel know about that so he can do a post 🙂
- 40,000 Americans are injured on toilets each year.
- Do you know the different names for a toilet? loo, powder room, lavatory, outhouse (mom told be about those – OMP!), men’s room, dunny, women’s room, restroom, potty, cloakroom, latrine, water closet, john, little girls’ room, little boys’ room, throne, facilities? Do any of these ring a bell with you?
Hope you learned something new. I was totally fascinated with the information that I found. In fact, I printed this blog and put it in our bathroom. Why? Of course for bathroom reading – snort – HA! So this weekend, remember when you well when you – you know. 🙂
05/25/2013 at 3:28 am
some times you have to much time on your hoofs Bacon…but you do make me giggle,xx Speedy
05/25/2013 at 8:00 am
We have a curse here (fair dinkum you can google it) it goes like this.
“May your chooks turn to emus and kick your dunny door down!”
not used as much now but I used to hear it a fair bit!
05/25/2013 at 12:29 pm
Pig snorts. I just went down the hall muttering that. The humans didn’t know what I was talking about until they read it here. LOL. XOXO – Bacon
05/25/2013 at 12:23 pm
Snorts Speedy. I do have a lot of things to ponder in this fascinating world that I live in. LOL. XOXO – Bacon
05/25/2013 at 8:21 am
I’ll bet the poor King tried mom’s cheesecake BOL I asked myself the same question like you about the flushing of the aquarium-toilet. The worst thing is, when you want to find it out it could be end awful for Nemo and Flipper :o)
05/25/2013 at 12:30 pm
Poor Nemo and Flipper – it could be. Makes you want to see though – pig snorts. XOXO – Bacon
Cody-Cat Chat (@CatChatCaren)
05/25/2013 at 10:18 am
due to a chronic kidney stone condition I have to drink 128 ounces of water a day…I guess I spend 6 years on the toilet? lol
05/25/2013 at 12:30 pm
Pig snorts. I think dad is right there with you. Just don’t tell him I said that. XOXO – Bacon
05/25/2013 at 1:53 pm
I am more concerned about possible germ transmission to the poor little fishies.
05/25/2013 at 3:56 pm
Snorts. So true my friend. XOXO – Bacon