Thank you so very much my friends for following along with me the past six weeks as we have explored my dad’s possible superhero status. Christmas is only 96 days away – can you believe that? Since my dad loves his toys and wants to be a superhero like me, I’m going to buy him his costume for Christmas. I found these pictures of daddy wearing superhero masks on my mom’s iPhone. I’ve shared all six possibilities with you over the past six weeks. Now is the time for YOU to vote. Which superhero mask/costume will my daddy get for Christmas? Please share so we can get lots of votes my friends.
Super Hero #01 Super Hero #02 Super Hero #03
Super Hero #04 Super Hero #05 Super Hero #06
Journalist Rocky the Squirrel here -
Keeping my paws on the nuts of the world!
Ahoy, mateys! Today, September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day!! It’s a day for fun – you know a day to let our inner pirate come out just for fun. Practice your pirate talk and talk like a pirate all day long to everyone. See how much fun you can have telling people to ‘walk the plank’… chitter chatter – so funny! Just remember, it’s not required that you dress like a pirate as long as you talk like a pirate.
Ahoy! – “Hello!”
Avast! - “Whoa! Get a load of that!”
Aye! – “Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did.”
Aye aye! – “I’ll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over.”
Arrr! – “Yes,” “I agree”; “I’m happy”; “That was a clever remark you or I just made.” Note: not to be confused with Arrgghh
Beauty – The best possible pirate address for a woman. Always preceded by “me,” as in,“C’mere, me beauty.”.
Bilge rat – The bilge is the lowest level of the ship. It’s loaded with ballast and slimy, reeking water. A bilge rat, then, is a rat that lives in the worst place on the ship. A lot of guy humor involves insulting your buddies to prove your friendship. It’s important that everyone understand you are smarter, more powerful and much luckier with the wenches than they are. Since bilge rat is a pretty dirty thing to call someone, by all means use it on your friends.
Bung hole – The stopper in the barrel is called the bung, and the hole is called the bung hole. That’s all. It sounds a lot worse, doesn’t it?
Grog – An alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water. Call your beer grog if you want.
Hornpipe – Both a single-reeded musical instrument sailors often had aboard ship, and a spirited dance that sailors do.
And of course, Bacon’s dad is bouncing right along with today. He’s already confronted Bacon’s mom with a couple of what shall we say ‘off-colored’ pirate talk this morning. Shakes my head. He has persuaded me in a bucket of nuts to add a few of his oh so wonderful pick up lines. (Yes, I can be bought and influenced and I know you are going to try a few of these so there.)
And, I’m taking bets how much Bacon’s mom can take before she makes him walk the plank!
Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
Come on up and see me urchins.
I’ve sailed the seven seas, and you’re the sleekest schooner I’ve ever sighted.
That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there.That’s the finest pirate booty I’ve ever laid eyes on.
Happy International Pirate Day me buckos! Oh and by the way, here is a picture of me and Houdini where we dressed up like pirates. Snorts!
And this morning on the way to the worky place, mom is picking up these doughnuts in honor of Pirate Day – I really hope she remembers to bring me and daddy one home tonight!
Oh my friends – we had the best party yesterday for Bashful. He came home on Monday from the United Kingdom – just in time for my birthday, mom/dad’s anniversary and for National Collect Rocks Day. We’ve had a time talking about his adventures, some of the behind the scenes action that took place and getting to know Speedy Rock.
But now Bashful is off again to parts unknown. Well, not unknown to us here at the Hotel Thompson and his lucky host family – snorts. Where will he end up at – who will be hosting him next – what adventures will he have this time?
Will it be here or there? Where will he roll up to next? What friends will he be visiting? What gifts will he be bringing?
These are all important questions of the day. So where do you think my little Bashful will end up this time? Any guesses?
Here you go my friends. Deep Thought Thursday. Which pill would you take?
The red pill gives you the ability to be fluent in every spoken language possible.
The blue pill gives you the ability to master every musical instrument in the world.
What choice would you make and why? This really is a hard choice. To be able to talk to everyone in the world in their language or play all musical instruments which in itself is a form of communication?
I’ve pondered this for a couple of days. My choice – I believe it would be the blue pill – to be able to play every musical instrument. Can you imagine the music you could make? The people you could touch – the intensity of the feel of music through your body? The hours of entertainment – the variety of the instruments you could play?
Thanks to everyone for another great edition of Shopping Around the World in August. It’s so awesome to see the various prices around the world!
Me and my pal Fozzie started Shopping Around the World in April. This has become a huge hit and we all want to know if we are paying more or less than everyone else – snorts. We are going to do it again this month on Wednesday, September 24.
Do a posting on your blog linked back to mine. That way we can keep track of all of the different prices. It should be interesting to see the differences between. Mark your calendar so you can do a posting with us. This month we are focusing on fruits and vegetables – a vegetarian trolley if you will. (Thanks Corkscot for the suggestion!)
Items to price this month:
- Apples – What kind do you buy, how many, price per pound.
- Strawberries – How many ounces/pounds and price.
- Carrots – What size bag, price
- Green Beans – Do you buy fresh/frozen/canned? What kind and price.
- Lettuce – How much per head?
- Random Fruit of your choice
- Random Vegetable of your choice.
Come join the fun of Shopping Around the World – mark your calendars
Wednesday, September 24, 2014!
Thank you very much for your ideas for the monthly listing. If you have any more suggestions to be added to my on-going list, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m so behind these days! My friends at Diary of a Quirky Girl gave me this award on 08/30/2014. Trust me, I am *always* excited to get awards of any kind. And I can’t thank you my friends enough! I’m sorry that it has taken me a bit to get to this. 08/30/2014 was also the day that we adopted Houdini so we’ve been a little tied up on puppy duty lately – snorts.
But without further delay, let’s talk about this award – One Lovely Blog Award. As part of accepting this award, I must tell you seven things about myself, some you might possibly not know. Here are my seven:
- I like to joke around. I really do. Life is way too serious. Let’s stop, laugh or snort for a few minutes every day. And hey, if I make you laugh or snort so much you make water, so be it. My job is done – snorts.
- I <3 television. A couple of years ago for Christmas, mom and dad got me my very own flat screen for my bedroom. I <3 it! Some of my favorite shows to watch (in no particular order) are: Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Green Acres, Animal Planet and the Sci-Fi channel. I love me some Joe Kendall of Homicide Hunter – snorts.
- I’m mom’s sous chef in the kitchen in the evenings. When she is cooking the family dinner, I stand by her side tasting samples. You know just to make sure they are acceptable for dinner.
- I *hate* the feel of grass on my hooves. That’s right. I said it. I hate the feel of grass on my hooves. I can’t stand it. It’s a texture thing. It’s gross. Enough said.
- I sleep with mom and dad from time to time. On the Select Comfort bed, I’m a 65.
- I snore. Okay maybe not as loud as daddy but I snore. What? It doesn’t bother me – snorts.
- Since the adoption of Houdini here at the Hotel Thompson, I have been known to have a kinder side. At times when no one is looking, I will let Houdini treat me like his personal jungle gym and climb all over me. He’s a little guy. Sometimes I will even let him bite me and act as if he is beating me up. So that way he thinks he’s bigger than what he is. I know. I’m a softy.
Now to continue to share the love forward, I will nominate 15 pals:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!